Waterbox 180.5 to Vectra M2 Plumbing Confusion

SaltwaterScoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am trying to properly plumb my Waterbox 180.5 to my Ecotech Vectra M2. I have been running the tank since June using the Vinyl tubing that comes with the Waterbox and connecting it to the barb kit sold by Ecotech. The problem with this setup is that the barb does not fit snuggly into the vinyl tubing so I am having to use plastic clamps/zip-ties to keep it together :anxious-face-with-sweat:

I narrowed the issue down to the vinyl tubing being metric and the Ecotech barb being standard. I worked with BRS to order what we were hoping would work (they have been a lot of help). Unfortunately, the barb that we ended up selecting is actually smaller than the one that comes with the Vectra M2 barb kit.

Here's the layout of what we ended up with:

Vectra fitting (From M2 Pump) → 1” Sch 80 pipe (From BRS) → 1” Sch 80 Union Slip x Slip (From BRS) → Sch 80 Reducing Bushing 1” Spigot x 3/4” Slip (From BRS) → 3/4" Sch 80 Pipe (From BRS) → DN25 (25mm to 3/4") Metric to Standard PVC Coupler - Slip X Slip (From BRS) → 25mm-25mm Barb Fitting (From Coralvue)

FINAL PLUMBING SOLUTION.png

and here's the actual dry fit of the above layout:
1664058695091.png

The barb is smaller than the standard Vectra barb so it won't even stay in the vinyl tubing. I need to figure out what the barb size is that Waterbox uses here (circled in red):
1664058760830.png

Here is a picture of the barb that I need / fits the tubing properly:
1664058893460.png

Does anyone happen to know the size of this barb? Thanks!

I'm thinking it might be 32mm so I should just need a 1 inch to 32mm coupler from BRS and then a 32mm barb from Coralvue.

Last edited:

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to properly plumb my Waterbox 180.5 to my Ecotech Vectra M2. I have been running the tank since June using the Vinyl tubing that comes with the Waterbox and connecting it to the barb kit sold by Ecotech. The problem with this setup is that the barb does not fit snuggly into the vinyl tubing so I am having to use plastic clamps/zip-ties to keep it together :anxious-face-with-sweat:

I narrowed the issue down to the vinyl tubing being metric and the Ecotech barb being standard. I worked with BRS to order what we were hoping would work (they have been a lot of help). Unfortunately, the barb that we ended up selecting is actually smaller than the one that comes with the Vectra M2 barb kit.

Here's the layout of what we ended up with:

Vectra fitting (From M2 Pump) → 1” Sch 80 pipe (From BRS) → 1” Sch 80 Union Slip x Slip (From BRS) → Sch 80 Reducing Bushing 1” Spigot x 3/4” Slip (From BRS) → 3/4" Sch 80 Pipe (From BRS) → DN25 (25mm to 3/4") Metric to Standard PVC Coupler - Slip X Slip (From BRS) → 25mm-25mm Barb Fitting (From Coralvue)

FINAL PLUMBING SOLUTION.png

and here's the actual dry fit of the above layout:
1664058695091.png

The barb is smaller than the standard Vectra barb so it won't even stay in the vinyl tubing. I need to figure out what the barb size is that Waterbox uses here (circled in red):
1664058760830.png

Here is a picture of the barb that I need / fits the tubing properly:
1664058893460.png

Does anyone happen to know the size of this barb? Thanks!

I'm thinking it might be 32mm so I should just need a 1 inch to 32mm coupler from BRS and then a 32mm barb from Coralvue.
Can you measure the outside diameter of the barbed pipe, but not across the ribs/raised rings? That will give the inside diameter of the flexible tubing you will need.

noelskii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a Metric to Standard Adapter Union (32mm to 1") and then use a PVC reducer to whatever size barb fitting/ hose you want to use.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back