Waterbox 230.6 build quality and availability?

jjstecchino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready to buy a new 6ft tank undecided between the waterbox 230.6 and the red sea reefer 750 XXL. I like the 3 compartment split on the waterbox cabinet better than the 2 compartment division on the reefer 750.

Price is comparable. Can anybody chime in about a comparison in build quality on both aquariums and stands? Also how is Waterbox customer support responsiveness, should trouble arise?

My old 6ft sprung a leak after 10 years of happy reefing, fish and corals are safe but I need a new tank very soon. I would be inclined to give Waterbox a try even if there are essentially no reviews on this particular tank, other than the thread here of a of gentleman who just set it up. It seems a nicely made product, built with attention to details. Can anybody chime in to confirm or disprove my impression?

Last but not least, I am looking at the white model. Is it available? Every online retailer I looked at, as well as Waterbox website has it on backorder. Availability may be what is going to tip the scale at this point as I will not be able to keep fish and corals parked for too long.

Richards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready to buy a new 6ft tank undecided between the waterbox 230.6 and the red sea reefer 750 XXL. I like the 3 compartment split on the waterbox cabinet better than the 2 compartment division on the reefer 750.

Price is comparable. Can anybody chime in about a comparison in build quality on both aquariums and stands? Also how is Waterbox customer support responsiveness, should trouble arise?

My old 6ft sprung a leak after 10 years of happy reefing, fish and corals are safe but I need a new tank very soon. I would be inclined to give Waterbox a try even if there are essentially no reviews on this particular tank, other than the thread here of a of gentleman who just set it up. It seems a nicely made product, built with attention to details. Can anybody chime in to confirm or disprove my impression?

Last but not least, I am looking at the white model. Is it available? Every online retailer I looked at, as well as Waterbox website has it on backorder. Availability may be what is going to tip the scale at this point as I will not be able to keep fish and corals parked for too long.
I'm happy with mine.the construction is beautiful and the layout is well thought out. I've never own a red Sea so I do not have any comparison opinions.

TheLadyCrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still in the process of building mine, but so far I’m fairly happy with it. My only issue so far is that it looks like the paint on the stand hadn’t fully cured before packing, so there’s some ugly streaking BUT, it seems to be contained to inside the cabinet and I think only the black stands have been affected.

I got mine about a week after ordering it but I think I got really lucky on timing as the next day, they were out of stock.

Richards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still in the process of building mine, but so far I’m fairly happy with it. My only issue so far is that it looks like the paint on the stand hadn’t fully cured before packing, so there’s some ugly streaking BUT, it seems to be contained to inside the cabinet and I think only the black stands have been affected.

I got mine about a week after ordering it but I think I got really lucky on timing as the next day, they were out of stock.
Same thing with the finish on my stand. It was only the interior and since the stand is black it hasn't been noticeable at all.

OP
OP
J

jjstecchino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to both of you for chiming in. It gives me more confidence. I would like to give Waterbox a try as I like the way the stand is arranged better than the reefer 750. I guess availability is the key now. I'll try to email their customer support to get an idea.

OP
OP
J

jjstecchino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked on facebook, it looks like it is going to be at least 45 days without a definite date. Oh well... unfortunately I can't wait that long. It will have to be a reefer 750 so. Thanks for your comments.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back