Waterbox 30g Frag tank

juiceguy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
322
Reaction score
312
Location
nyc
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I came across a fellow reefer who wasn't using a WB tank that had some slight chips and decided to set up a Frag tank, I tried setting up an IM15g as a frag tank but it became more of a chore so I decided that I needed to plumb any frag tank into my main tank for any stability. I had leftover 3/4" plywood laying around so off to building! First off was to water test the WB to see if it indeed holds water, second to have it drilled for external overflow, ended up using a Fiji over box rated for 600g. I wanted to make this as simple as possible so I plumbed the drain into the return section of my sump, to feed the tank I just redirected the output of my UV and carbon reactor. PLumbing long distances always worry me since leaks could always happen in the worst spots but luckily everything went off without a hitch!

Once setup I immediately noticed that the Fiji overflow box was louder than my 290g! To remedy this I added a gate valve on the drain. For lighting, I first tried a NP K7 and it was adequate but not satisfying. I was planning to take down my Reefi Uno's from my main tank since switching back to halides and decided to put 1 of the Uno's on the frag tank. I feel more confident with the Uno since I had them over my main tank and they do a nice job.

Here are a few pictures to start!

IMG_0254.jpeg
 
pics didn't fit on previous post
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0264.jpeg
    IMG_0264.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 69
pics didn't fit on previous post
The wood stand is nice but I prefer the rubber maid stand in the first picture :grinning-squinting-face:! Nice build.
 
The wood stand is nice but I prefer the rubber maid stand in the first picture :grinning-squinting-face:! Nice build.
I need the RM for water storage!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new