Waterbox 35.1 Lighting

kraken14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased a Waterbox 35.1 tank for my frogfish and it came with everything except for a light. What would be a good light for an LPS and zoa dominate tank with some easier SPS toward the top. I thought about an AI Prime, and I think this would be enough for what I want to do. Do I need a more powerful light than this? I have two over my 40 gallon tank and everything is growing well, but I wasn't sure if I need something more powerful like a Radion xr15. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you, or anyone, are thinking about Radion xr15, you should take a deep look at Reefi Lab Uno 2.0 Pro. (Yes, I did own a Radion xr15 G5 Pro). IMHO, Uno 2.0 is way better. The longer I use it, the more I love it. Can't recommend it high enough.

You can use Uno 2 for LPS, now. In case you want more PAR demanding SPS in the future, Uno 2 has plenty of power (max. 270watts) reserved in hand and is ready to serve. So, you don't have to keep upgrading for power one after another (unless, this is an excuse for having more new toys).

Also, refer to Hummble.Fish & Reef forum's expertly review:

IMG_2664.JPG

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back