Waterbox 35.2 AIO Light Option

Pikemartin83

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2018
Messages
86
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve narrowed it down to AI 16 or Radion 15. Leaning toward the AI because I find it hard to believe the radion is worth the extra $250. My concern is the AI is right on the verge of needed spread. The tank is roughly 23” wide. I plan on keeping only a few LPS and softies. Thoughts on which light I should go with?
 
Personally I would not put a AI Prime on this tank, its not strong enough. AI Prime is only 55 watts, I have a prime on my 15 gallon set at 85%. I have a 100 watt nicrew on my 32 gallon, IMO you will be much happier down the road with a 100 ish watt light. I don't know about radions so I have no comment
 
I had 3 ais on my water box 42 with similar dimensions. Check out the reefi uno at a similar price to the 15 with a ton more power. 90 or 120 degree optics would give you the best bet on minimizing shading from one light unit.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new