Waterbox 35.2 build - SPS etc

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Downsizing from a 50 cube to this 32g AIO.

Tank: Waterbox 35.2
Light: Ecotech Marine XR30w /w diffuser
Flow: Ecotech Marine MP10 (1 for now, 2nd added soon)
Return: Sicce Syncra 0.5
No skimmer
ATO: Tunze Osmolator 3155

---

Spent a good amount of time on the aquascape. This has tons of caves and allows for lots of water flow around it. Lots of space to allow for coral growout.

July%202021-X4.jpg

I have decided to go a less elgant ATO reservoir option - home depot bucket. One irritation with my old 50 cube was carrying the 5gal water jugs, then sit there dumping the water out into the pet food container I used. By going with a lid bucket, I can simply take it out of the stand, fill it up and put it back. Its removing one less step in the equation.

What do you guys recommend for a power strip? I'm looking for one that I can mount cleanly to the side of the stand. I'd prefer one with a toggle switch so I can turn outlets on/off quickly. Not interested in bluetooth ones etc, the idea is simplification. Extra steps to bring out the phone, load the app, wait for the bluetooth etc isn't as satisfying as just being able to turn it off right there.

Thoughts on aquascape?

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the scape is beautiful, but personally i'd want more rock in there for filtration, fish hideouts, and places to grow coral. but if you want a minimalist look you definitely nailed it :)

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the scape is beautiful, but personally i'd want more rock in there for filtration, fish hideouts, and places to grow coral. but if you want a minimalist look you definitely nailed it :)

I should mention I have an 8x8x1 marinepure plate cut up and placed into the sump at the back. I believe I should have enough filtration with that addition.

Here's an extra side view:

July%202021s-X4.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like a nice canvas ready to be painted!

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a small scape, but I have a feeling you've got big growth planned. Are you transferring anything over from the 50 cube?

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see your SPS growth :)

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not done much, but its now been over 90 days so plenty of time to cycle. I moved one Clownfish from the other tank 2 months ago.

Today I received the Universal Atlantik LED mount from BRS. It is not designed for the XR30, but using (one) of the mounts, along with the Ecotech hanging kit - it "works". In the long run I will find a more creative way to mount it, but this allows me to get the light moved over and I can shut down the older tank. Or at least I will clean up the wires.

The amazing thing about this mount is the height adjustment it allows - I am a big proponent of lights hanging high up. LED power is never a concern - spread is. The higher up the better IMO. This mount allows for 16" height, so the light is hanging about 12" above right now which is what I wanted.

lighthang1.jpg lighthang2.jpg

I've done two 50% water changes in the last 2 months. I will do another 50% today and this weekend I will move over corals and fingers crossed everything goes well!

Back