Waterbox AIO 20 cube stand concerns

Auburn866

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a new WaterBox 20 cube AIO with matching stand from WaterBox. The manual calls for dowels to be used throughout the stand. 2 of the 4 panels have holes drilled for the dowels, the other 2 panels they line up with do not, so none of the dowels can be installed. I called WaterBox and they advised that I file a claim with them. After doing so, they replied that the manuals are a guideline and that incremental changes to the cabinet are not reflected in the manual. I replied and asked that they confirm that dowels were not needed for my stand, they replied if there weren't holes then the panels weren't designed for dowels. Just wanted to see if anyone else has ran into this, I am concerned with it held together only by locking cam screws.

OP
OP
Auburn866

Auburn866

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of the 2 identical panels, it only has 3 holes drilled on the end for cam screws. In the manual, there are 2 additional holes for dowels:

IMG_6705.jpeg

Here is the panel it attaches to with the dowels inserted:

IMG_6712.png

ReefologyRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a waterbox 20g on Friday and assembled the stand. all my pieces had dowel holes appropriately. That being said it will be fine without those dowels, the main stability of that side of the stand is with the screws not the dowels, although the dowels do as some bolstering.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back