OP
anthonyh33

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my first Problem this week.
Up here in New Jersey , we had a heat wave and it was around 96-99 for a couple days. Tank got warm but not warmer then 80.5 degrees. Which I was happy about.
Then yesterday comes around and our AC breaks. Thank god I don’t have fish yet , the tank rose to around 82.3, as it was 80 in the house. I’m hoping to get the HVAC people out here asap but everyone seems to be busy for a few days. Luckily the heat wave has ended and luckily no fish to worry about. Think I may invest in a small chiller or aquarium fan to prevent temperature changes when a heat wave happens or in my instance , AC malfunction.
I installed a window ac unit for my office where my tank is. Temperature is back at 78.
Anyone have any recommendations for a small chiller or fan to control minor temperature changes ?

OP
OP
anthonyh33

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 days into the cycle. Still no ammonia spike. Getting a little impatient, but will stay the course. API did not help since I didn’t immediately add an ammonia source in my honest opinion. I’ll just wait it out and eventually it will be good to go!

Pzudnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I used fritz turbo start and I was cycled in 3.5 weeks worked great! I also have a waterbed cube 10 keep us updated love this !

OP
OP
anthonyh33

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I used fritz turbo start and I was cycled in 3.5 weeks worked great! I also have a waterbed cube 10 keep us updated love this
Smart. I never used an ammonia source when dosing other then a few pellets one day. I recently purchased Dr. Tim’s ammonia chloride and immediately my tank began to show levels of ammonia followed by nitrate and nitrite. I’m finishing up the cycle and should have fish in the tank by this weekend! As long as everything goes as planned.

OP
OP
anthonyh33

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart. I never used an ammonia source when dosing other then a few pellets one day. I recently purchased Dr. Tim’s ammonia chloride and immediately my tank began to show levels of ammonia followed by nitrate and nitrite. I’m finishing up the cycle and should have fish in the tank by this weekend! As long as everything goes as planned.
You should create a build thread so others and I can follow the progress!

OP
OP
anthonyh33

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
52 days gone by and the tank is cycled. Did a 25% water change and added fish yesterday.
I needed up going with two baby Ocellaris clowns, that have since paired up and swimming together. A yellow clown goby. Cleaner shrimp and two Nassarius snails. Plan on adding a few trochus snails when a little more algae starts to appear. After that only plan on adding corals.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back