Waterbox customer service.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They replaced the frame. Im at work right now. But fedex just dropped a big box and its the whole new framing.
Good I'm so glad for you!!

I was like whaaat! Bang the corner out?? Umm no! Send me what I paid for.

Anyways I'm so happy to hear they made it right for you..

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to chime in here about shipping. We all know waterbox aquariums are very expensive and IMHO Waterbox needs to contract all their aquariums through a dedicated delivery service in whatever country they sell in.

I guarantee you if you live close to where Waterbox makes their tanks and they deliver using their own trucks you won't have any damage. The boss would loose his mind if his driver's mishandled a customer's order.

But this is the world we live in. Nobody gives a hoot about anybody's stuff and in all honesty do you blame them? Wages are low, cost of living has gone through the roof but yet nobody gets a raise to compensate for this ridiculous world we live in since COVID popped up.

I'm with the OP here, he has all the right to vent in a thread if he feels like doing so. Heck of I spent as much as him on that tank I'd be venting too! I'm waiting for my WB and all I got to say is if it's damaged in any way WB is going to be sending me out whatever is broken and I'm not going to let them tell me... Umm sorry we're out of stock right now! That won't fly well with me and after paying $200 for shipping and $40 for shipping damage insurance then the ball better start rolling and rolling fast!

This is just my 2 cents ;)
Just one problem with living close by... pretty sure most if not all the tanks from IM, Waterbox, Redsea etc. are being made and imported from China. I live about 30 minutes from WB but pretty sure that's just an office. Maybe with IM and a made to order would it be made in US.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one problem with living close by... pretty sure most if not all the tanks from IM, Waterbox, Redsea etc. are being made and imported from China. I live about 30 minutes from WB but pretty sure that's just an office. Maybe with IM and a made to order would it be made in US.
I know for a fact waterbox have their own trucks my friend had his tank delivered by one and it was beautiful packaging.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, so they're on the slow boat from China!

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, so they're on the slow boat from China!
Everything is these days.

But you can get a big tank for a quarter of the price of American hand made.

Go build a glass cages build similar to what OP bought from water box. I’d bet it’d be 10 grand or more for just tank and stand.

Out of curiosity I built a 90 cube with their configuration tool on their site and it was 3000 for tank, stand, sump and overflow box. That don’t even include plumbing, pump or none of that. Just the bulk heads. Normal glass, glass plain sump and normal seams too. Nothing fancy

You can get similar size full setups from Red Sea, innovative marine and waterbox for under 2k. A lot of them come with pumps and other goodies too.

But that glass cages tank probably won’t be busted and beat up when it gets to you. These manufactures are charging us for the delivery and then using cut rate freight companies that are basically druggies that don’t care about your delivery.

Last edited:

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get similar size full setups from Red Sea, innovative marine and waterbox for under 2k. A lot of them come with pumps and other goodies too.
Aside from delivery issues ask all those with, particularly exploding seams, how those brands worked out for them. I want another tank and have been doing research and it's not just RedSea having issues. I'd be willing to bet most all the problem tanks, regardless of brand, are being made at one facility in China.

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from delivery issues ask all those with, particularly exploding seams, how those brands worked out for them. I want another tank and have been doing research and it's not just RedSea having issues. I'd be willing to bet most all the problem tanks, regardless of brand, are being made at one facility in China.

I agree. I’m just saying that’s why people go with these tanks. Because they are more affordable.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is these days.

But you can get a big tank for a quarter of the price of American hand made.

Go build a glass cages build similar to what OP bought from water box. I’d bet it’d be 10 grand or more for just tank and stand.

Out of curiosity I built a 90 cube with their configuration tool on their site and it was 3000 for tank, stand, sump and overflow box. That don’t even include plumbing, pump or none of that. Just the bulk heads. Normal glass, glass plain sump and normal seams too. Nothing fancy

But that glass cages tank probably won’t be busted and beat up when it gets to you. These manufactures are charging us for the delivery and then using cut rate freight companies that are basically druggies that don’t care about your delivery.
Yeah I hear that!

I ordered a WB 35.2 with stand, prime HD light and screen top. All for the wonderful price of 2 grand.. I never thought in a 100 yrs I'd spend that much on a small system like that but you know what, they have beautiful tanks and yeah I'm getting hung out on the exchange rate but with the space we have it's worth it..

Nothing extravagant like others in here but at least I know I'll have beautiful looking tank that grabs people's eyes when they walk into our living room.. and to me that's worth its weight in gold all day long.

I just hope being made in China that they don't take any shortcuts and deliver a product that water box is famous for.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I hear that!

I ordered a WB 35.2 with stand, prime HD light and screen top. All for the wonderful price of 2 grand.. I never thought in a 100 yrs I'd spend that much on a small system like that but you know what, they have beautiful tanks and yeah I'm getting hung out on the exchange rate but with the space we have it's worth it..

Nothing extravagant like others in here but at least I know I'll have beautiful looking tank that grabs people's eyes when they walk into our living room.. and to me that's worth its weight in gold all day long.

I just hope being made in China that they don't take any shortcuts and deliver a product that water box is famous for.
It seems like their warranty and customer service in canada is 10x better than the US. My friend new plumbing for her marine x60.2 was leaking. They sent her new boxes of plumbing just so she can have a spare. When i had an issue with plumbing on my 60.2 they sent me 1 pipe that was poorly packaged too. Either this company reaching a dead end, or i am not sure what’s their deal.

Icedphoenix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those talking about refusing delivery, I asked specifically about this when I ordered my tank in march. I am still waiting on said tank to ship as they keep pushing things back 3 times now. They specifically said to accept delivery but to notate it on the slip when you sign for it. Don't mention it to the driver or take their word for it but to write it yourself on the slip you sign for it on. Then to immediately call them and report it and then precede to check everything if they clear it. You have 24 hours from drop off to bring anything damaged in shipping to their attention ie glass chips etc. I hope I don't have any issues as we are on month 3 waiting for a tank that I know people ordered a month after I did, are receiving it already.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those talking about refusing delivery, I asked specifically about this when I ordered my tank in march. I am still waiting on said tank to ship as they keep pushing things back 3 times now. They specifically said to accept delivery but to notate it on the slip when you sign for it. Don't mention it to the driver or take their word for it but to write it yourself on the slip you sign for it on. Then to immediately call them and report it and then precede to check everything if they clear it. You have 24 hours from drop off to bring anything damaged in shipping to their attention ie glass chips etc. I hope I don't have any issues as we are on month 3 waiting for a tank that I know people ordered a month after I did, are receiving it already.
You should unlucky as myself by still waiting.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update everyone in this thread so i dont make another thread. So we put the tank on the stand. My first reaction is crazy. I see big gap at the back sides on the left and right, so knowing my anxious self I freaked out. And I contacted them and they said it's fine. And the leveling matt woukd expand it

Attachments

• IMG_1041.png
    IMG_1041.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1039.png
    IMG_1039.png
    511.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1045.png
    IMG_1045.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 46

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sad thing is I was looking at planet aquariums which I thought was made in America. Looking at some less than obvious print it says the stands are made in US but the aquariums and sumps are made in China :disappointed-face:

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update everyone in this thread so i dont make another thread. So we put the tank on the stand. My first reaction is crazy. I see big gap at the back sides on the left and right, so knowing my anxious self I freaked out. And I contacted them and they said it's fine. And the leveling matt woukd expand it

Levelling mat as far as I know is to compensate for variances with stand not being level. I don't necessarily think that it is for fixing gaps. If you measure the height of the stand from the floor or bottom of the stand from the corner that doesn't have the gap and on the corner with the gap, is the height identical?? It almost seems as if there's some warping....I hope not! Filling water into a tank that isn't fully supported at the bottom glass is like filling a tank that's sticking out from the edge of the stand....weight bearing down on the glass stressing the silicone seal.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention. Waterbox says it'll take time to flatten out. I would ask what exactly will be flattening. The glass is a large pane and horizontal across.. how is it going to flatten and the gap filled. Glass isn't going to bend.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry but I would not fill that tank. “Leveling mats” do not make up for warping stands, they are for taking up very minor imperfections. Even if the Mat were to compress down to that level, which I doubt it would, there would be no structural support under those corners.

I would put two pieces of 3/4” plywood down, then the mat, then the stand, shim the plywood to level.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Levelling mat as far as I know is to compensate for variances with stand not being level. I don't necessarily think that it is for fixing gaps. If you measure the height of the stand from the floor or bottom of the stand from the corner that doesn't have the gap and on the corner with the gap, is the height identical?? It almost seems as if there's some warping....I hope not! Filling water into a tank that isn't fully supported at the bottom glass is like filling a tank that's sticking out from the edge of the stand....weight bearing down on the glass stressing the silicone seal.
The gap is almost gone. Not gonna lie. Its getting less and less. I tried to email their support showed them the video and everything they have to know and i stressed the idea of the gap thingy and they said its fine? So i am not sure brother

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but I would not fill that tank. “Leveling mats” do not make up for warping stands, they are for taking up very minor imperfections. Even if the Mat were to compress down to that level, which I doubt it would, there would be no structural support under those corners.

I would put two pieces of 3/4” plywood down, then the mat, then the stand, shim the plywood to level.
Well the crazy part is it did fill the gap. Theres barely any gaps now.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thats their reply on instagram.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 40

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back