OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Levelling mat as far as I know is to compensate for variances with stand not being level. I don't necessarily think that it is for fixing gaps. If you measure the height of the stand from the floor or bottom of the stand from the corner that doesn't have the gap and on the corner with the gap, is the height identical?? It almost seems as if there's some warping....I hope not! Filling water into a tank that isn't fully supported at the bottom glass is like filling a tank that's sticking out from the edge of the stand....weight bearing down on the glass stressing the silicone seal.
I just measured and the height is identical on the dot.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention. Waterbox says it'll take time to flatten out. I would ask what exactly will be flattening. The glass is a large pane and horizontal across.. how is it going to flatten and the gap filled. Glass isn't going to bend.
Here you go on both corners and picture for the gap almost gone. 35 exactly no wrap.

IMG_1090.jpeg IMG_1089.jpeg IMG_1086.jpeg IMG_1087.jpeg IMG_1088.jpeg IMG_1085.jpeg IMG_1084.jpeg IMG_1094.jpeg

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly but surely learning that IM and Waterbox are both a bit sketchy.

Maybe they are running really close to their margins or something, but both seem to be pretty brutal for customer service. And don't get me started on RS lol.
I can tell you this won't happen with a cade. My first cade was banged up from transport, the two powerbanks fell out of a side panel that wasn't screwed in properly . Contacted people where I bought it and within an hour I had a phone call from the guy who runs cade Australia asking me what is broken and how they can fix it. Replacement panel came 3 days later.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just measured and the height is identical on the dot.
Ok, so based on your measurements the height of the stand at various points are 100% the same, which is good to hear. I don't understand why there would be the gap that you initially observed, and I'm assuming you filled the tank with water and the gap started to close. The question then becomes how is this happening - ie. what is 'bending' - filling the gap. Was hoping Waterbox would be able to provide some context on what's happening here: what this gap is, and how is the levelling mat fixing it.

Hoping someone else here can chime in here with an engineering perspective.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so based on your measurements the height of the stand at various points are 100% the same, which is good to hear. I don't understand why there would be the gap that you initially observed, and I'm assuming you filled the tank with water and the gap started to close. The question then becomes how is this happening - ie. what is 'bending' - filling the gap. Was hoping Waterbox would be able to provide some context on what's happening here: what this gap is, and how is the levelling mat fixing it.

Hoping someone else here can chime in here with an engineering perspective.
I didnt fill nothing with water and the gap is getting better. Man im really not sure whats happening. Im an anxious person in general. And seeing this stuff makes my anxiety over the roof. I saved and i saved for that tank i have a nice start with my reef tank, and all i get is this BS i dont know who to believe and what to do anymore its really tough. Espcially i paid so much money for setup, deliveries and what not. And living alone definitely doesnt help. Its like all that happened to me not enough. The journey have to continue.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt fill nothing with water and the gap is getting better. Man im really not sure whats happening. Im an anxious person in general. And seeing this stuff makes my anxiety over the roof. I saved and i saved for that tank i have a nice start with my reef tank, and all i get is this BS i dont know who to believe and what to do anymore its really tough. Espcially i paid so much money for setup, deliveries and what not. And living alone definitely doesnt help. Its like all that happened to me not enough. The journey have to continue.
Just to be clear: the gap is getting smaller by itself???? This is very strange. Can you try measuring again the stand at different points and not just the ends? The next thing I can think of is that the stand somehow is bowed - ie. higher in the middle and dipping on the end(s).

I don't think filling with water is a good idea just yet. Why don't you reach out to Waterbox and ask them for detailed explanations what is happening here:

1. Why is there a gap and what's causing this - the bottom plane of the glass should be 100% horizontal unless the pane is not silicone completely 180 deg flat.
2. How is the levelling mat working to close the gap

Get some answers from them I'd say needs to happen, so we all here can help understand what's happening and if what they tell you makes sense.

Sorry to hear you having to go through this. :(

Another suggestion: can you reach out to a local fish store and explain what's happening here? Chances are they might be able to put some logic and make some sense to all of this.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched your posted video again - honestly, the only thing I can think of is that the bottom glass was not silicone straight. Try putting a leveller inside the tank and see if it's level - you said your stand is 100% levelled, so if that's the case if you place a leveller inside the tank and move it around, it should also report back as being completely level. If the glass is indeed crooked, you'll know by the leveller.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched your posted video again - honestly, the only thing I can think of is that the bottom glass was not silicone straight. Try putting a leveller inside the tank and see if it's level - you said your stand is 100% levelled, so if that's the case if you place a leveller inside the tank and move it around, it should also report back as being completely level. If the glass is indeed crooked, you'll know by the leveller.
Im not home currently im working nightshift. Tomorrow ill try to put a leveler inside the tank and try. However i took few pictures of the leveler outside the tank not inside it i dont know if it makes a difference. But yeah ill try tomorrow morning to put it inside the tank. But thise pictures here are outside the tank on center and edges to check leveling.

Attachments

• IMG_1081.jpeg
    IMG_1081.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1079.jpeg
    IMG_1079.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1075.jpeg
    IMG_1075.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 30

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not home currently im working nightshift. Tomorrow ill try to put a leveler inside the tank and try. However i took few pictures of the leveler outside the tank not inside it i dont know if it makes a difference. But yeah ill try tomorrow morning to put it inside the tank. But thise pictures here are outside the tank on center and edges to check leveling.
My thought is that the leveller should be inside the tank and placement is on the bottom of the glass - check all 4 corners and at least 2 points in the middle on each side

Here's a rough sketch of where I would take measurements. Depending on what the results are you'll know if the bottom glass is not flushed/180 deg, which in this case is the back of your tank(where the gaps are in each corner.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 34

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming the stand is 100000% level on all sides, you should get the same result when you put the leveller outside the tank as you did, which is a good thing. The focus here is the bottom glass plane - if the leveller reports back the same results as being super level, the gap you're experiencing is a real mystery and doesn't make any sense why it's there. It's like placing a flat box on a table....it should sit flushed and no gaps underneath. What you're experiencing is really weird.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming the stand is 100000% level on all sides, you should get the same result when you put the leveller outside the tank as you did, which is a good thing. The focus here is the bottom glass plane - if the leveller reports back the same results as being super level, the gap you're experiencing is a real mystery and doesn't make any sense why it's there. It's like placing a flat box on a table....it should sit flushed and no gaps underneath. What you're experiencing is really weird.
Welcome to my life i experience weird stuff everyday without no explanation

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my life i experience weird stuff everyday without no explanation
I don't necessary agree with Waterbox's response. The levelling mat is used to compensate for slight irregular unlevel stands - in your case the stand is perfectly levelled, so the mat would serve little purpose - I don't know if they know that your stand is perfectly levelled?

Anyhow, report back tomorrow when you place the leveller inside the tank and bottom glass and take the measurements.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't necessary agree with Waterbox's response. The levelling mat is used to compensate for slight irregular unlevel stands - in your case the stand is perfectly levelled, so the mat would serve little purpose - I don't know if they know that your stand is perfectly levelled?

Anyhow, report back tomorrow when you place the leveller inside the tank and bottom glass and take the measurements.
Alright so i rushed back home this morning to do the measurements on the inside. The right side my levelers was sitting on the silicon it was too wide haha. So thankfully i have a smaller leveler. Check out all the pictures including the one with the leveler sitting on the silicon obviously its not going to be 100% when its not sitting on the glass but i checked all various points nothing going on

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1098.jpeg
    IMG_1098.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1101.jpeg
    IMG_1101.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1102.jpeg
    IMG_1102.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1105.jpeg
    IMG_1105.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1104.jpeg
    IMG_1104.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1107.jpeg
    IMG_1107.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 33

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I watched the video, you need to calm down.
So the Glass has a gap on the back on both corners.
That is telling me that the frame sits higher in the middle on the backside.
Adjust your middle foot(feet) to compensate for the gaps on the corners, it might only level out once you put water in.
I had a similar problem when I put up my cade 1800 on one corner and i put the tank on and filled it to one third and rechecked and it was fine.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I watched the video, you need to calm down.
So the Glass has a gap on the back on both corners.
That is telling me that the frame sits higher in the middle on the backside.
Adjust your middle foot(feet) to compensate for the gaps on the corners, it might only level out once you put water in.
I had a similar problem when I put up my cade 1800 on one corner and i put the tank on and filled it to one third and rechecked and it was fine.
Lol man sorry was freaking out haha. So it will level itself out when water is in? Okay thank you

FifteenYearsBand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same stand for my new infinia 150.4

I would take the tank off and realign the top bars then make sure to tighten them fully before putting the plastic cap cover pieces on. We had to fiddle with it a few times before we got it right.

Leveling took HOURS, though. Holy cow what a nightmare.

Also my tank came with a cosmetic chip that does not appear to be from shipping. LFS is working with WB but they (WB) is saying they can't do anything because I don't have a photo of the chip prior to setting the tank up. We didn't realize it was there until we lifted the tank and my arm was covered in blood.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same stand for my new infinia 150.4

I would take the tank off and realign the top bars then make sure to tighten them fully before putting the plastic cap cover pieces on. We had to fiddle with it a few times before we got it right.

Leveling took HOURS, though. Holy cow what a nightmare.

Also my tank came with a cosmetic chip that does not appear to be from shipping. LFS is working with WB but they (WB) is saying they can't do anything because I don't have a photo of the chip prior to setting the tank up. We didn't realize it was there until we lifted the tank and my arm was covered in blood.
I live alone, and i have nobody within 1 hour radius to help me get off the tank: had to pay my lfs 250$+ just to comeback and lift the tank. My friend who lives 2hours away helped me tighten the stand. And its perfect. We checked every corner of that tank. And it was leveled to the center. The tank still leveled even if its not touching the corners.

asked waterbox again to confirm before i fill and they said this i guess i have to trust them on that one

IMG_1132.jpeg

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you remove the tank and flip the stand upside down to verify that it sits flushed against the floor and no gaps?

Likewise placing the tank on the floor and check if the gap exists.

One or the other above should reveal a gap I'm assuming

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you remove the tank and flip the stand upside down to verify that it sits flushed against the floor and no gaps?

Likewise placing the tank on the floor and check if the gap exists.

One or the other above should reveal a gap I'm assuming
The tank was on the floor before. And there was no gaps sitting all perfectly flush. I am not sure why nobody is agreeing with waterbox here it makes me uncomfortable haha

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back