OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to keep this thread updated with anything new. I am not going to accept the stand as its and bang it up for something that shouldnt have that issue to begin with. I remember 2-3 years ago their customer service was fantastic u call in. And instead of sending u 1 part they send u a spare one too. It seems like now you cant even get your warranty for anything. Unless i was a poppular youtuber then they would take care of me for publicity.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-duplicate comment

Last edited:

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to keep this thread updated with anything new. I am not going to accept the stand as its and bang it up for something that shouldnt have that issue to begin with. I remember 2-3 years ago their customer service was fantastic u call in. And instead of sending u 1 part they send u a spare one too. It seems like now you cant even get your warranty for anything. Unless i was a poppular youtuber then they would take care of me for publicity.
That last sentence is so true

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That last sentence is so true
This is going to be my last tank for them espcially i have 3 and this would be the 4th one. They are so much money. But the worst customer service. I remember red sea once messed up. A public figure his tank leaked and he had over a million likes. And his **** got taken care for him pretty quick.

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Costumer service is dead. It’s a thing of the past. For the cost of these aquariums, those foot inserts are just downright sloppy, which I imagine had to come from the factory. Now if I had to guess, judging by the photo, the rail that came bent was most likely due to shipping. That’s really a LFS issue, as he signed for it, which is pretty shocking given the photo provided. They need to accept responsibility and make right. I would not have them setup and the deliver the aquarium until they fix this, as that could be considered acceptance on your part. There are multiple fingers to be pointed here. Both parties failed to deliver on what was promised. Doesn’t have to be consolidated into a single issue, as there are multiple issues, and from more than one source. Some companies take pride in what they build, others not so much.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think at this point if i ever wanted anything bigger than my Planet Aquarium I would go with Cade, Glass Cages or another Planet Aquarium.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After this thread, emailing richard their president, and blowing up their social media we finally got a reply. And on their instagram too they were shocked this happened and i got a replacement

Attachments

• IMG_0825.png
    IMG_0825.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 150

G’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I ordered the tank, with my LFS and the delivery and setup was with them. I dont want to hurt the owner. Hes a nice guy. However i dont know what else to do u can see the replies above im beyond devastated u need to see my basement tanks all over the place from them. Im even on their social group they post my tanks all the time. Absolutely unacceptable
First, The person or company that received this and stated everything is fine should be held accountable as clearly this was a shipping issue. Second you picked up that beat up box didn't inspect it and took it home to assemble. LFS denying the delivery or contacting waterbox would of had a better chance.....just my 2 cents.

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First, The person or company that received this and stated everything is fine should be held accountable as clearly this was a shipping issue. Second you picked up that beat up box didn't inspect it and took it home to assemble. LFS denying the delivery or contacting waterbox would have had a better chance.....just my 2 cents.
I sort of agree it’s more on the LFS. That box was in pretty bad shape. Stupid Waterbox wouldn’t do anything but it really seems like the shipping service had no regards to the contents

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After this thread, emailing richard their president, and blowing up their social media we finally got a reply. And on their instagram too they were shocked this happened and i got a replacement
There is a lesson to be learned here as not everyone is just going to replace something. If the box looks even remotely bad upon delivery, dont sign for anything until its inspected.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sort of agree it’s more on the LFS. That box was in pretty bad shape. Stupid Waterbox wouldn’t do anything but it really seems like the shipping service had no regards to the contents
It is on the LFS, they signed for it, it was their responsibility to inspect it. OP prolly learned from that one. Cant you get a waterbox delivered to your door anyaway? Both AIO's with stands I went through were ordered direct anyway and delivered to my door/alley.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my LFS (which I am very good friends with the owners), Everything is fully inspected at time of arrival as well as when you pick up. They open the box's up in the lobby and check everything possible before you take or they deliver. I'm surprised the box's came in like that and the LFS accepted them.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don’t see why they wouldn’t replace it. Make no sense.

I just bought a $100 reptile cage from a company and when I received it the door was messed up emailed the company and they shipped me out a new door. No questions asked. This tank had to be in well over $3000 and this company was giving you a hard time makes no sense.

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don’t see why they wouldn’t replace it. Make no sense.

I just bought a $100 reptile cage from a company and when I received it the door was messed up emailed the company and they shipped me out a new door. No questions asked. This tank had to be in well over $3000 and this company was giving you a hard time makes no sense.
It was closer to 5000 I think

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is on the LFS, they signed for it, it was their responsibility to inspect it. OP prolly learned from that one. Cant you get a waterbox delivered to your door anyaway? Both AIO's with stands I went through were ordered direct anyway and delivered to my door/alley.
The thing is yes he shouldnt have accepted the delivery. But like he opened the boxes the damage was at the bottom of the frame where the nuts are at an angle u cant catch it immediatly. And the reason i didnt order from waterboz directly when it gets delivered i dont have a garage so the people delivering it had to be from the bulkhead to my basement i had to pay 637$ for delivery and setup.

Joe Tyler Reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to be such a Waterbox Fan Boy, but after 3 tanks showed up damaged in shipment and replacements taking forever to reship, I got fed up. Care seemed to have little to no empathy. I understand that shipping mishaps are not technically Waterbox's fault, however they need to rethink the material they ship some of their tank's in. 2 broken 50.3s in 2021 and 1 broken 65.4 this year because they are shipped in a cardboard box on a pallet instead of the tank being crated in wood. My 130.4 was crated in wood. I still have their 50.3 and it's a beautiful tank, however it took three different 50.3s to get one in decent shape, I settled even though the bottom corner edges have micro abrasions & chips that you can see. Recently I ordered the 65.4 to get some extra space in February 2023. I can't have anything too big because I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex here in Dallas, TX. I received the 65.4 in March, however this one also showed up cracked. I filed a claim, and it was approved the next day. Waterbox said a new one would ship out in a couple of weeks, but it wasn't. Multiple messages back and forth with Waterbox saying the tank was to be shipped next week, then the week after, and then the week after that...you get the point. Here we are in May and still no tracking number and not even one apology. I asked to have my order canceled and refunded. Waterbox tried to stop me from cancelling, saying the tank was going to ship this coming week, but I said I was done, and wanted the refund. They sent me a refund for the tank and explained that the shipping wasn't refundable. I argued that and they finally refunded me the shipping. These tanks are not cheap, and they should be showing up in perfect condition. I feel Waterbox's customer service and quality has gone downhill since I purchased my 130.4 back in 2019 when I owned a house in Baltimore, MD. I am sure there are plenty of Waterbox tanks showing up in perfect condition, but I am just one person that had 3 tanks in two different models show up damaged. Just wanted to share my story with you all. I do not know what brand to go with now after all my tanks (130.4, 30.2, 50.3, kind of the 65.4, cube 10, and clear 10) I've owned have been Waterbox. Any suggestions?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should not have taken the effort to reach out to the CEO...president...social media to get a replacement - I would hope that the powers that be use this example and take measures to ensure it wont happen again.

I was planning on getting a Waterbox and stand as well, but after seeing this thread- I'm out. If Waterbox somehow reads this-I hope they smarten up. If I'm no longer considering them because of this incident, I'm sure there'll be others. It doesn't take much to ruin reputation.

Keep us posted OP on the replacement part. It better be perfect.

Amphibious Wallet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just figured I'd chime in with the same two cents.

As a current and former warehouse employee, absolutely do not sign for something even remotely damaged. Once that docket is signed, getting anywhere has just become extremely difficult. Any respectable inwards goods team knows this rule like their pay depends on it. There are rumours where signing "Said to contain" wards off evil spirits but nay, this is heresy.
Most outfits have a 7-day clause in their service contract where you need to request AND submit a formal set of documents within that 7 day period.

I understand your LFS signed for it, but if I just paid 5k dollarydoos I'd recommend they show me everything is fine by setting it up right there on their floor or they have begun to light the bridge themselves. They want their cut of the profits, their choice to pretend they don't have any part facilitating the deal between supplier and customer.

I understand hindsight is 20/20 and WB seems to have succumbed, but we (colleagues and I) take photos of pallets before we despatch them and before hoisting them off when receiving. Most truckers are realistic and all the damaged **** happens in their yards or changing hands from flights/vessels but at the end of the day one must weigh their patience and perceived Karen-ism with taking ownership of goods via acceptance.
Damage to goods happens all the time, they have insurance and a whole department just for claims.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crazy part about all of this. Is i was begging them to give me a new frame. I LITERALLY wrote and i quote “im begging you to give me new frame work” like literally. Why would i need to beg for something covered under the warranty? What this world is coming to? Seriously. I had to do over 5 videos upload them to youtube for how long they are and send it to them explaining myself over and over again. Nobody spending 5k on a tank or a product should go through this. Especially im a consumer who already have 4 waterboxes the marine x60.2, the clear 4820, and the mini 16. The worst part about this the person replied to me on the claim was the head of the department. Customer service is a thing of the past now like someone mentioned here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back