Waterbox Delivery Experiences

MommaGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Apologies if this is the wrong thread, new to posting on R2R. Just wondering if anyone can share their general experiences with orders placed with Waterbox (I suppose Waterbox Canada specifically) in terms of shipping and fulfillment. I purchased an AIO from them a few days ago, with the expected shipping being 2-5 days at the time of purchase. The site changed this to 4-6 weeks shortly after I purchased, so I am not sure which window I will technically fall under. My order has had no recent updates, or any sort of estimated time frame posted. Just wondering if this is the typical experience with them? Seems a bit frustrating to pay a few thousand dollars and have no communication as to when the expected delivery timeframe will be. I know I am being impatient here, it's just a lot of money to give to a company to have no idea given for fulfilment time.

Side rant, I am more than anything just frustrated with the order process, as the Nero 3 was advertised on the 'configure your waterbox' options as being $180, which changed to $250 at the checkout screen. I didn't really notice, because why would the prices of things change. Wouldn't have ordered it in this case, but I am reluctant to contact them as this would probably result in changes being made to my order, likely pushing it to the back of the line.

In either case, I am exited to get back into the hobby. It's been a few years without any tanks!

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my personal opinion with what your telling us , I too would be concerned and I wouldn’t hesitate to tell them what transpired and to know exactly when your order is arriving and why the price changed when you went to checkout with your pump . It’s hard earned money that you hand over to these companies and they should not hesitate to give to clarification of your order ....... . I would make the call and not worry about them changing delivery time but I would also remind them the date for delivery that you were given at time of checkout . Be polite , be respectful , but also remain firm on what you were led to believe when you checked out . Also when it arrives if possible try to inspect for damages before the driver leaves so that he can note it on the manifest and sign before he gives you the copy . If there are damages you might want to call the company and see how they would like to proceed . Take pictures and get copies if there are any damages . it’s just my opinion but I wouldn’t sign for it unless I knew it was in acceptable condition . That’s me . On the plus side I hope it all goes well for you and gives you plenty of years of enjoyment !! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MommaGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my personal opinion with what your telling us , I too would be concerned and I wouldn’t hesitate to tell them what transpired and to know exactly when your order is arriving and why the price changed when you went to checkout with your pump . It’s hard earned money that you hand over to these companies and they should not hesitate to give to clarification of your order ....... . I would make the call and not worry about them changing delivery time but I would also remind them the date for delivery that you were given at time of checkout . Be polite , be respectful , but also remain firm on what you were led to believe when you checked out . Also when it arrives if possible try to inspect for damages before the driver leaves so that he can note it on the manifest and sign before he gives you the copy . If there are damages you might want to call the company and see how they would like to proceed . Take pictures and get copies if there are any damages . it’s just my opinion but I wouldn’t sign for it unless I knew it was in acceptable condition . That’s me . On the plus side I hope it all goes well for you and gives you plenty of years of enjoyment !! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
That’s some good information, thank you. My delivery date is scheduled for today, so I will be sure to keep that in mind!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back