OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have that sump but your flow shouldn't change just because the socks are clogged. I see in the picture it has an overflow in the sock chamber. It should just go through the overflow and just not be filtered by the socks but the flow should be the same. Are you sure it's not because of no ATO
I think its that combination of no ato and strong pump. I will be putting the ato on soon. But yeah salinity went from 1.025 to 1.026 over a day or two so yeah thinking combination

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like the water level in the sump is to high in the next chamber. EIther raise the filter sock supports or lower the next chamber water height so that the filter sock area water height will lower by filling the next chamber...if you take the socks out does the water level in the sock area go down below the socks opening and support backet. This is why I don't do socks....

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like the water level in the sump is to high in the next chamber. EIther raise the filter sock supports or lower the next chamber water height so that the filter sock area water height will lower by filling the next chamber...if you take the socks out does the water level in the sock area go down below the socks opening and support backet. This is why I don't do socks....
No when I remove socks the water level is the same in sock chamber but the area in the next chamber waterbox has the removable baffle the weir is up that high. I do wonder if I can turn it upside down and have the weir baffle teeth on the bottom instead of the top. Their pictures reflect the weir at the top for the refugium

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back