Waterbox Frag 105.4 - The Oasis

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Waterbox Frag 105.4 that has been up and running for about 15 months. I wanted to start a build thread when I first got it but never got around to do it and now thanks to @Reefer Matt he has convinced me to finally do it!

Current stocking is:
Pair of ocellaris clownfish (one Wyoming white and one midnight)
Royal gramma
Pair of flame hawkfish
One spot foxface
White tail bristletooth tang
Pin tail fairy wrasse
Mccoskers flasher wrasse
Exquisite wrasse
Radiant wrasse
Yellow coris wrasse

The yellow coris and white tail were just added 2 days ago, so far so good. Yellow coris is hiding in the sand but I saw him quickly and the white tail is grazing the rocks.

Inverts:
2 cleaner shrimp
Turbo snails
Cerith snails
Nasarius snails
Trochus snails
Astrea snails

Corals:
Frogspawn
Hammer
Octospawn
Torch
Plate coral
Duncan
Bubble
Mushroom
Zoas

I would like to try some acropora but am a little nervous so any recommendations on beginner acros is helpful!

For equipment I have:
2 Aqua illumination hydra 32HD
Eheim auto feeder
Nero 3 and 5
Full Neptune system with trident
Bubble magus curve 5 elite
COR-15
2x 300W Finnex heaters
InkBird heater controller
Kamoer ATO

I would like to eventually add the Reefmat 500 for convenience, I got rid of the socks and use filter floss now. I don’t use the 5G freshwater reservoir that is in the sump, I upgraded to a 13G dog food container. The 5G freshwater had to be filled every few days and now I can go over a week without refilling.

I will post pictures of the tank now and add some down the line of how it looked before. The sandbed isn’t pretty but it’s because I just finished beating Dino’s and it has lots of diatoms on it, they are slowly going away.
E2715871-4318-4E9E-A8DA-5E4AAC06C945.jpeg
43044328-5BAA-4A01-B9FA-4B8D5D25EF6D.jpeg
E5798BF7-B6C0-4134-8508-54DBC2BA9F78.jpeg
EF6AEBB3-078F-484E-A494-6E7A74945823.jpeg

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Waterbox Frag 105.4 that has been up and running for about 15 months. I wanted to start a build thread when I first got it but never got around to do it and now thanks to @Reefer Matt he has convinced me to finally do it!

Current stocking is:
Royal gramma
Pair of flame hawkfish
One spot foxface
Pin tail fairy wrasse
Mccoskers flasher wrasse
Exquisite wrasse
Radiant wrasse
Yellow coris wrasse

The yellow coris and white tail were just added 2 days ago, so far so good. Yellow coris is hiding in the sand but I saw him quickly and the white tail is grazing the rocks.

Inverts:
2 cleaner shrimp
Turbo snails
Cerith snails
Nasarius snails
Trochus snails
Astrea snails

Corals:
Frogspawn
Hammer
Octospawn
Torch
Plate coral
Duncan
Bubble
Mushroom
Zoas

I would like to try some acropora but am a little nervous so any recommendations on beginner acros is helpful!

For equipment I have:
Eheim auto feeder
Nero 3 and 5
COR-15
2x 300W Finnex heaters
Kamoer ATO

I would like to eventually add the Reefmat 500 for convenience, I got rid of the socks and use filter floss now. I don’t use the 5G freshwater reservoir that is in the sump, I upgraded to a 13G dog food container. The 5G freshwater had to be filled every few days and now I can go over a week without refilling.

I will post pictures of the tank now and add some down the line of how it looked before. The sandbed isn’t pretty but it’s because I just finished beating Dino’s and it has lots of diatoms on it, they are slowly going away.
HEY!!! Didn’t know you had a build thread! Love the wrasse! You should come over at the Wrasse Lovers more often! Love your iridis and isosceles! Lovely Acans as well!

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY!!! Didn’t know you had a build thread! Love the wrasse! You should come over at the Wrasse Lovers more often! Love your iridis and isosceles! Lovely Acans as well!
Finally made one! I love looking at the wrasse lovers thread, and post a bit on there, awesome people on there. I’m hoping my isosceles changes his mind, he has been hiding out for quite a long time now and will come out for a few hours randomly then disappear. I think one of the times he tried to jump out he did some serious damage which I hate to see. You must be talking about the lobos! They are one of my favourites

anxreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and find it is the perfect height. I am also running two hydra 32s and cannot get coralline algae to grow. Can you share your light settings? Thanks and best of luck.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and find it is the perfect height. I am also running two hydra 32s and cannot get coralline algae to grow. Can you share your light settings? Thanks and best of luck.
I’m just trying to figure out how to share it to you, any ideas?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Current stocking is:
Royal gramma
Pair of flame hawkfish
One spot foxface
Pin tail fairy wrasse
Mccoskers flasher wrasse
Exquisite wrasse
Radiant wrasse
Yellow coris wrasse

Inverts:
2 cleaner shrimp
Turbo snails
Cerith snails
Nasarius snails
Trochus snails
Astrea snails

Corals:
Frogspawn
Hammer
Octospawn
Torch
Plate coral
Duncan
Bubble
Mushroom
Zoas

For equipment I have:
Eheim auto feeder
Nero 3 and 5
COR-15
2x 300W Finnex heaters
Kamoer ATO

Great looking tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back