Waterbox Frag 80

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m thinking of upgrading my cube 50 gal tank to this 48”x24”x12” shallow reef. Essentially I think this’ll give me a little more real estate for my sps in a shallow reef setting without increasing the overall water volume. I like what I see in the Waterbox quality but not what I had recently heard that the white stands now come with black interiors although I suppose I could repaint it white. I wanted to find out if there were any concerns out there on Waterbox or this shallow Frag series before I moved forward. I know I’ll be limited in height and will probably have to prune more but hope to hear especially from other Frag series owners how happy (or not) they are with their choice.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting the 60. I will wait on a sale though

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank with similar dimensions and it is way too shallow for a display tank imo. If using it as a frag or grow out tank, it should be great.

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had recently heard that the white stands now come with black interiors although I suppose I could repaint it white.

I don't see anything on the Waterbox site that shows white stands with black interiors. Where did you hear this? I have a white setup on order and I really hope it is all white.

PelzerC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything on the Waterbox site that shows white stands with black interiors. Where did you hear this? I have a white setup on order and I really hope it is all white.
I saw it on one of their YouTube videos. When I first heard the news, I was a bit disappointed but it actually looks nice and their reasoning is that when the insides were white, they would get disgusting and wouldn't stay a nice white color.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They confirmed this on their youtube channel. Also I have seen pics on here as well. It's not that bad, except as someone else noted, the crossbar is also black. Would have been nicer if that piece was white as well. But overall it doesn't look as bad as it sounds.

It almost looks as if the inside is covered in a more heavier duty water resistant coating. I am NOT saying this is the case, only that it has that "look". I have never seen one in person, so again to me it just has that look.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back