Waterbox Infinia Frag 125.4

Amybolton2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2023
Messages
65
Reaction score
25
Location
Kansas
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one might take awhile to get 100% going but I figured I’d get the build started.

bought a Waterbox frag 125.4 as a “push present” to myself.. or I’m using that as an excuse for buying it!

The tank was delivered today at our house we are working on finishing up, so still have a couple of things to complete before I can get this tank wet! But I will update as things are going.

Equipment List:
Tank - Waterbox frag 125.4
Cabinet - Waterbox
Sump - Waterbox
Lights - XR15’s (x3)
Sand - Ocean Direct Original Grade
Protein Skimmer - IceCap K1-130
Heaters - Eheim 200W (x2). Inkbird Wifi
Dosing Pump - Kamoer X1
Auto Top Off - XP Aqua Duetto
Return Pump - Vectra M2
Battery Back up - Ecotech (x2)

Current Status:
tank is chilling in it’s boxes, livestock is currently being contained in some other tanks. (lowboy, IM 30L)
Most of the equipment I’ve bought already and is sitting in storage in the garage.. will have to dig them out one of these days.

C0E96234-59F5-44C8-8B16-B290C6EE4EF3.jpeg 2A97839A-9DE8-42EC-A233-BD2659BA4C0D.jpeg 5E8FDE37-8136-47E4-B676-6E72172A7787.jpeg 4A606C7B-7F59-40D2-BB97-B3D186C48BFD.jpeg BA375540-9CB5-48FB-9018-F4B0B3B08357.jpeg
 
Congratulations on the new adventure!!!
 
This one might take awhile to get 100% going but I figured I’d get the build started.

bought a Waterbox frag 125.4 as a “push present” to myself.. or I’m using that as an excuse for buying it!

The tank was delivered today at our house we are working on finishing up, so still have a couple of things to complete before I can get this tank wet! But I will update as things are going.

Equipment List:
Tank - Waterbox frag 125.4
Cabinet - Waterbox
Sump - Waterbox
Lights - XR15’s (x3)
Sand - Ocean Direct Original Grade
Protein Skimmer - IceCap K1-130
Heaters - Eheim 200W (x2). Inkbird Wifi
Dosing Pump - Kamoer X1
Auto Top Off - XP Aqua Duetto
Return Pump - Vectra M2
Battery Back up - Ecotech (x2)

Current Status:
tank is chilling in it’s boxes, livestock is currently being contained in some other tanks. (lowboy, IM 30L)
Most of the equipment I’ve bought already and is sitting in storage in the garage.. will have to dig them out one of these days.

C0E96234-59F5-44C8-8B16-B290C6EE4EF3.jpeg 2A97839A-9DE8-42EC-A233-BD2659BA4C0D.jpeg 5E8FDE37-8136-47E4-B676-6E72172A7787.jpeg 4A606C7B-7F59-40D2-BB97-B3D186C48BFD.jpeg BA375540-9CB5-48FB-9018-F4B0B3B08357.jpeg
Tank looks great!
 
what would you do?:

im debating keeping my 30L AIO as a “frag tank” (really just keep some frags if on the off chance people buy them but really just incase some of the corals die in my display)
now.. should I keep this as a separate tank or somehow put a small frag system in my sump? The only thing that I worry about is if the coral die from something the the entire tank would be affected with obviously the sump frags would probably die too.. But is that enough of a risk to keep an entire other system running when I could sell the 30L setup to get more money for equipment and frags
 
Started building this last weekend.. took forever to get a post up because I had to edit the photos to be able to upload.

Got it all filled, sand in etc. just waiting until I can get back to the old house to grab all the live rock and then I’ll start the transfer process and split between the display and frag tank.

So far I have 2 clownfish, tail spot blenny, a tiny yellow tang.
Want to add in the future:
Damsel in the frag tank

Royal grammar, Hawkfish, fire fish, mandarin and a Tomini in the display tank.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7261.jpeg
    IMG_7261.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_7262.jpeg
    IMG_7262.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 273
Between watching a baby and a toddler and moving houses this took way longer than I expected haha
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7263.jpeg
    IMG_7263.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_7264.jpeg
    IMG_7264.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_7265.jpeg
    IMG_7265.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 310
Lights up.
x2 XR15, with 80/20 mount
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7266.jpeg
    IMG_7266.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 367
Filling with water.
Also picked up one of waterboxes new control box.. I love how it doesn’t take up the entire length
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7267.jpeg
    IMG_7267.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_7268.jpeg
    IMG_7268.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 436
All filled, added some live rock in the main tank until I can get back to the other house to grab the rest of the live rock to transfer over.

Setting up Phyto culture in the next couple of days too
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7269.jpeg
    IMG_7269.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_7270.jpeg
    IMG_7270.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_7271.jpeg
    IMG_7271.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 519
Hello, I am debating getting one of those tanks myself. Still satisfied with it? How much space is in front of the sump inside the cabinet? Could I fit dosing bottles there?
 
Hello, I am debating getting one of those tanks myself. Still satisfied with it? How much space is in front of the sump inside the cabinet? Could I fit dosing bottles there?
Sorry for some reason I didn’t get a notification on this!
Did you end up getting it?

The only thing I don’t like is that the sump and ATO tank takes up the entire area.
 
it’s been awhile since I posted.

Aquascape when put in:
IMG_7381.jpeg
 
did some par testing and mapped out
IMG_8573.jpeg
 
Current state of the tank.

Only thing I’ve really don’t to it is add in a Reefmat before having another kid as the filter sock cleaning would annoy me!

Added some nice jawbreakers I got in a trade and a really nice hammer.

Had a couple casualties when transferring tanks which included my HG micromussa and my Raja Rampage and 1 other blue rainbow chalice.
Picking up some frags of Raja as I finally found them local!

Yet to find my HG micromussa again.. I loved that coral!

IMG_1723.jpeg


IMG_1724.jpeg

IMG_1914.jpeg
 
@Amybolton2,
Nice setup! Just ordered This tank with the black cabinet. The ato reservoir is covering a lot of space next to the big sump. I was wondering what your evaporation is? I’m considering putting in the redsea 18L reservoir (about 5 gallons). Looking to cover a week with it.
How dit you fix the controller board on the side with those thin panels?

Manny thanks Daan
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new