Waterbox Marine 70 might be my next buy, convince me either way..

Waterbox Marine 70

• Great buy

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Look elsewhere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m thinking about getting rid of my 40 gallon breeder and buying a marine 70 aquarium by water box. Currently looking at a new tank to upgrade to and getting a list together of some stuff I want to put in it.

What do you guys think about them? Maybe Red Sea reefers are better? I have my doubts, but that’s just me. Let me know and would love to have a discussion about a new tank and what to put in it!

I’ll be in the next tab planning the parts out haha

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it was me I'd go with the Innovative Marine and get the 24" width. Paying the extra $250 is worth getting that width and aluminum frame stand.

That Marine 70 isn't much of an upgrade in size from your 40 breeder as tank is approx. 56 gallons.
The included sump is overrated.........I don't put a lot of stock in fancy sumps as a cheap glass tank or even a plastic tub perform the same functions.

Last edited:

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was me I'd go with the Innovative Marine and get the 24" width. Paying the extra $250 is worth getting that width and aluminum frame stand.

That Marine 70 isn't much of an upgrade in size from your 40 breeder as tank is approx. 56 gallons.
The included sump is overrated.........I don't put a lot of stock in fancy sumps as a cheap glass tank or even a plastic tub perform the same functions.

I’m in the same thought. I like the water box and red sea setups but I’d much rather buy a tank only and build my own sump for it. When I upgrade to a 100-180g I’m going to see if I can get just a red sea tank or I’m going custom.

OP
OP
biggie4jets

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I did like that it came with the sump and I knew I was getting less “tank” this route. I have a IM 20g drop off tank and I love it. They make great products.

OP
OP
biggie4jets

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also on the fence on what kind of tank I want this to be, what I would put in it and how it would be set up. Always drawing and making lists haha

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back