Waterbox Marine X 60.2 Build

FrontRangeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lid came in today from kraken reef. I must say this thing is sweet. Perfect fit on top of the tank and no clips needed like the stock lid on the innovative marine tank I used to have. Edges are nice and clean. Overall I’m happy with the product. From order to delivery took about 2 weeks so not too far off the estimate lead time on their website which I completely understand considering what’s going on in the world and the crazy shipping times with all carriers. Highly recommend @Kraken Reef to anybody looking for a lid on their tank.

4F634CD9-E52E-4311-BC9D-5EF27308AF56.jpeg
Tank is looking great! I just ordered one of these with the feed cup for mine. Any plans for livestock yet?

FYI for others who are waiting on shipments: I called WB on Tuesday and they told me that my tank ordered on 17-Nov would be shipping either the week of the 25-Jan or 15-Feb. It appears that shipments are coming in every two weeks from their supplier. Offered me the Frag 55.2 but didn’t want to go in that direction. Crossing my fingers that it’ll be in the earlier shipment.

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great! I just ordered one of these with the feed cup for mine. Any plans for livestock yet?

FYI for others who are waiting on shipments: I called WB on Tuesday and they told me that my tank ordered on 17-Nov would be shipping either the week of the 25-Jan or 15-Feb. It appears that shipments are coming in every two weeks from their supplier. Offered me the Frag 55.2 but didn’t want to go in that direction. Crossing my fingers that it’ll be in the earlier shipment.
Yes! Transferring our fancy clown and watchman goby over from the previous tank. Corals not so sure yet lol
618D498C-FCE4-4321-B7CF-BE826287DAC4.jpeg

55A93B51-A912-4B81-911B-BCE0122D491E.jpeg

Cantfunction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I’ve been looking in these forums for awhile now but never made an account lol. I’ve had only 1 saltwater tank before this new marine x tank and I’m excited to get started on this build.

12/4/20 Delivery day!
AEEE6503-F582-40F8-ACFA-A4AD2ADA7757.jpeg

Started building the stand same day.
E5019DD8-A78C-4B13-BA5D-D4A2A97DEA94.jpeg

Out with the old in with the new!
A1D4A395-C66C-468B-B7C2-9AC155233FEA.jpeg

12/11/20 Cabinet lighting

I decided to install a hue light bar in the cabinet so that I could work inside the sump and be able to see everything clearly. Love the way it came out!!

39C75C1A-E852-4C95-9BC8-48C3C73135F8.jpeg

12/14/20 Equipment

Most of my equipment got delivered today. Here’s the list:

Return pump: Reef Octopus Varios-2
Heater: BRS 200 watt titanium heater with inkbird controller
Light: Radion G5 XR15 Pro
Wave pumps: Reef octopus Octo Pulse 2
ATO: Tunze 3155
Controller: Apex El ( on the way)
Skimmer: Reef Octopus Essence S-130 (on the way)

What was the crate dimensions

Cantfunction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished the scape today. Liking the way it came out. Not completely glued together because I need to sleep on it and see if I like it tomorrow.
Did you happen to get the crate dimensions? How discrete was the package? I'm allowed an aquarium but I worry the giant box will alarm my building manager.

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to get the crate dimensions? How discrete was the package? I'm allowed an aquarium but I worry the giant box will alarm my building manager.
Sorry I honestly don’t know but it’s wrapped in black plastic on a pallet. If you keep the black plastic on when you haul it inside you should be fine it’ll look like furniture is getting delivered lol

Cantfunction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I honestly don’t know but it’s wrapped in black plastic on a pallet. If you keep the black plastic on when you haul it inside you should be fine it’ll look like furniture is getting delivered lol
All good haha. I'm sure I'll be fine. I just don't want to play 50 questions with my noisy building manager.

Thanks!

biocube40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, this is looking great. About to order one too, going to do a similar aquascape with an island in the front right corner to house a nice large and wavy LPS. Inspired by a cube I saw a while ago... I'll have to find the post on here and resurrect it for inspiration. Was a beautiful tank.

Question for all you 60.2-ers... what are you going to do for an equipment cabinet? I plan on having the apex, trident and DOS/DDR... where do you fit it all, and how to you prevent it from getting exposed to the corrosive saltwater while still keeping a nice, clean, waterbox look on the outside?

biocube40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Transferring our fancy clown and watchman goby over from the previous tank. Corals not so sure yet lol
618D498C-FCE4-4321-B7CF-BE826287DAC4.jpeg

55A93B51-A912-4B81-911B-BCE0122D491E.jpeg
Posted at the end of this thread too; the tank is looking excellent. How's the spread looking off that XR15? Also, any diffuser? I'm probably going to get an XR15 and supplement with a couple 24'' OR3 LEDs to give it a nice T5/LED hybrid look and prevent shadowing... but don't want it to be overkill.

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, this is looking great. About to order one too, going to do a similar aquascape with an island in the front right corner to house a nice large and wavy LPS. Inspired by a cube I saw a while ago... I'll have to find the post on here and resurrect it for inspiration. Was a beautiful tank.

Question for all you 60.2-ers... what are you going to do for an equipment cabinet? I plan on having the apex, trident and DOS/DDR... where do you fit it all, and how to you prevent it from getting exposed to the corrosive saltwater while still keeping a nice, clean, waterbox look on the outside?
I have been struggling with this same question. And am interested in what others that have aquariums with smaller cabinets are doing.

I have considered making a panel to mount to the side of the stand, but I really need to have it in front of me to figure out out. (I am still waiting for mine as well)

Last edited:

biocube40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggling with this same question. And am interested in what others that have aquariums with smaller cabinets are doing.

I have considered making a panel to mount to the side of the stand, but I really need to have it in front of me to figure out out. (I am still waiting for mine as well)
Yeah, I’m also debating running wires through the wall behind it to the laundry room. Maybe I’ll show some pics of what I’m thinking, but don’t want to high-jack this thread. I could do a cabinet or panel, but trying to keep things as toddler-proof as possible. Also, will help just keep things looking sleek from the outside.

Cantfunction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That a lot more equipment than I plan on using but for the power bars https://www.amazon.com/s?k=SOCKiTBOX&ref=nb_sb_noss_2 these outdoor PowerBar covers should do the trick. My current tank has a 6" gap from the wall a lot of the wires end up in the back. Part of the fun is making it work IMO, we will see what I come up with. :D

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you @biocube40! I actually have a coworker who does a lot of wood working projects on the side that's building me a cabinet for my apex gear and other controllers. I'll post pics up when he's done in a few weeks.

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So basically what I'm doing is getting a cabinet made by a coworker that is the same dimensions as the besta cabinet from ikea and putting a black glass door on it so my apex gear is visible. He's going to make a board that can be mounted inside the cabinet and be taken out easily if I ever need to access the wires behind it. I'll be making the holes for the wire grommets when its all done and that'll be all I have to do when I get the cabinet.

Cantfunction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically what I'm doing is getting a cabinet made by a coworker that is the same dimensions as the besta cabinet from ikea and putting a black glass door on it so my apex gear is visible. He's going to make a board that can be mounted inside the cabinet and be taken out easily if I ever need to access the wires behind it. I'll be making the holes for the wire grommets when its all done and that'll be all I have to do when I get the cabinet.
Nice! I just put it in the corner so I have room in the back. Not 100% sure if this is the way I would like to display it but it makes the sides easy to clean.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    533 KB · Views: 491

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back