OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd never even heard of this tank. My daughter was just asking for one in her room, this may be the ticket! Great videos and aquascape as well.

It's a brand new option. I think they released it in July or August. It's a great size! I think this will eventually come to my office.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much did it cost?

I got the salt water pro version that came with An ai prime light. I think it was under $400.

I’ll find the link and post it

It looks great, will be even better after it gets filled with colorful things

Tell me about it! I can’t wait to start moving some things! I think my fish will be very happy. I can’t wait to see how the react to the aquascape.

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a brand new option. I think they released it in July or August. It's a great size! I think this will eventually come to my office.

I have joined you!

20201022_150219.jpg

Dog for scale.

Lots to do before I set mine up. That desk can't hold the weight as is, for instance.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the evaporation on the tank? I’m trying to ballpark the size of an ATO reservoir. Thanks!

I need an ATO for it of some sort for sure, but it's probably losing around 5-10 ounces a day, so not terrible.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have joined you!

20201022_150219.jpg

Dog for scale.

Lots to do before I set mine up. That desk can't hold the weight as is, for instance.

Looks nice! I think you need to find a larger home for that frag though! It seems to have outgrown the tank!!

Are you going to start a build thread for it?

Super cute puppers! What's his/her name?

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome tank! I want one now. I wonder if it can be drilled so I can connect it to my main display.

That would be amazing... good tank for the wifey? I just messaged them to ask if it was tempered or not.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah - I’ll tell her that and tell her where all the Frags will go! Haha

They said it was not tempered btw. I know I told you that yesterday, but in case anyone else found the thread and wanted to know the answer. ;Hilarious

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made a new video getting everything ready for fish this weekend. Hopefully.

Prepping the Minn Penn 15 for Fish

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stock pump came cracked. The faceplate wouldn't stay on. See corner of faceplate. It is quite possible thats why. Definitely worth a check! They sent a replacement the next day.

20201023_150738.jpg

Great video. I am also still waiting for the heaters to come in stock.

Keep us up to date! Since you're ahead of me on set up, I am using your build as a reference for things (like knowing those heaters definitely fit perfectly!).

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stock pump came cracked. The faceplate wouldn't stay on. See corner of faceplate. It is quite possible thats why. Definitely worth a check! They sent a replacement the next day.

20201023_150738.jpg

Great video. I am also still waiting for the heaters to come in stock.

Keep us up to date! Since you're ahead of me on set up, I am using your build as a reference for things (like knowing those heaters definitely fit perfectly!).

Glad it is useful. Yeah. My faceplate is definitely broken. It doesn't clip in and there were pieces of plastic inside the faceplate just rattling around when I pulled it out. I wonder if they're having issues with the plastic at the factory. Thanks for letting me know! I will definitely shoot them an email today.

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it is useful. Yeah. My faceplate is definitely broken. It doesn't clip in and there were pieces of plastic inside the faceplate just rattling around when I pulled it out. I wonder if they're having issues with the plastic at the factory. Thanks for letting me know! I will definitely shoot them an email today.

Mine wasn't a huge deal since I have the Sicce in the tank. The stock one was designated to my saltwater mixing station. I still wanted it to work. Haha.

Does that undersized heater seem to be keeping up temperature?

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine wasn't a huge deal since I have the Sicce in the tank. The stock one was designated to my saltwater mixing station. I still wanted it to work. Haha.

Does that undersized heater seem to be keeping up temperature?

It was up to 77 from 73 this morning. 73 was without a heater. I think it will work since I am not trying to change the temperature a lot from room temperature, but I will not trust the load on it long term. I'll get the bigger Wattage when it's in stock again.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved some Zoas over to the tiny tank. I made a frag of a zoa that is growing in the 60 gallon and have no idea where I put the frag. I assume I put it in a tank, but do not see it. Whoops...

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome tank! I want one now. I wonder if it can be drilled so I can connect it to my main display.

Last I checked the Innovative Marine tanks weren't tempered, might want to double check incase they changed that fact but I doubt they have...

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back