The engine room...[emoji3541]
5474bcb61092150b31682245510bdc39.jpg
4807db7d21907b5c56c2cf1518676881.jpg

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What exactly are you using for flow? mP 40 or 60?

How is the flow at the end?

I’m planning a 6026 once I purchase a house next year. I have already set aside the money, just keep refining the plan! Lol

I was thinking of getting two maxspect gyre 280’s. Each push 6000 gal. Hoping they can reach the end.

Interested in your experience. Can you take pics of placement?

OP
OP
zeeGGee

zeeGGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly are you using for flow? mP 40 or 60?

How is the flow at the end?

I’m planning a 6026 once I purchase a house next year. I have already set aside the money, just keep refining the plan! Lol

I was thinking of getting two maxspect gyre 280’s. Each push 6000 gal. Hoping they can reach the end.

Interested in your experience. Can you take pics of placement?

I have 2 MP40s...on both sides of the overflow.
4b3de855579539f13b4f03415708fd54.jpg

justmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank!!

Question, I've been researching and thinking about getting the reef 103.4, I can't find anywhere or see in any of the available online pictures if there's a water absorbing and auto leveling mat under the DT and the sump like what the Red Sea tanks has. Can you tell me if your's have any mat under the DT and the sump? I see the bottom of the sump is black, is that a mat? Thanks!

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks amazing! Today the old tank will be transferred to my 5526. I've never owed a reef ready tank, let alone something like this. I have couple newbie questions and I was wondering if you or anyone else with this set up can help. How do you fill up and start this tank? Do I fill up from the display, through the overflow and into the sump until the return pump is covered and then turn the pump on? Or do you fill up the display up to the overflow, but not beyond then fill up the sump, turn on the pump and adjust the gate valve? Any detailed step by step instruction would really be helpful. Also, do you mark the sump levels and how do you test in case of a power failure. Thank you in advanced.

OP
OP
zeeGGee

zeeGGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank!!

Question, I've been researching and thinking about getting the reef 103.4, I can't find anywhere or see in any of the available online pictures if there's a water absorbing and auto leveling mat under the DT and the sump like what the Red Sea tanks has. Can you tell me if your's have any mat under the DT and the sump? I see the bottom of the sump is black, is that a mat? Thanks!

Hi. Yes it comes with 2 mats for the DT and the sump.

OP
OP
zeeGGee

zeeGGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks amazing! Today the old tank will be transferred to my 5526. I've never owed a reef ready tank, let alone something like this. I have couple newbie questions and I was wondering if you or anyone else with this set up can help. How do you fill up and start this tank? Do I fill up from the display, through the overflow and into the sump until the return pump is covered and then turn the pump on? Or do you fill up the display up to the overflow, but not beyond then fill up the sump, turn on the pump and adjust the gate valve? Any detailed step by step instruction would really be helpful. Also, do you mark the sump levels and how do you test in case of a power failure. Thank you in advanced.

Hi. I used to have a sumpless tank. It's a big difference to have a reef ready tank. So much fun. I filled up the DT first. Turn off all pumps to see where your water level and start from there so you won't have any flooding issues.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back