Waterbox Peninsula 5526

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I used to have a sumpless tank. It's a big difference to have a reef ready tank. So much fun. I filled up the DT first. Turn off all pumps to see where your water level and start from there so you won't have any flooding issues.
Thank you for the response. So you filled up DT into the overflow or stop b4 the overflow? Sorry, it just seem daunting coming from sumpless also lol

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zeeGGee First off, incredible tank. Awesome setup to build on!

I've been following your tank for some time and am setting up a 7226 next weekend and have two questions for you.

1. Are there any concerns with the controllers and other tech setup underneath the drain and piping?
This is the ideal location cable wise, as it's all closer to the wall and keeps the sump better organized. But I'm not sure about the electricity being underneath the drains.

2. Is PVS priming and gluing needed for the provided Waterbox plumbing? Or is it simply screwing everything in place?

Thank you!

OP
OP
zeeGGee

zeeGGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zeeGGee First off, incredible tank. Awesome setup to build on!

I've been following your tank for some time and am setting up a 7226 next weekend and have two questions for you.

1. Are there any concerns with the controllers and other tech setup underneath the drain and piping?
This is the ideal location cable wise, as it's all closer to the wall and keeps the sump better organized. But I'm not sure about the electricity being underneath the drains.

2. Is PVS priming and gluing needed for the provided Waterbox plumbing? Or is it simply screwing everything in place?

Thank you!

Hi. All is "plug and play"-no
gluing/priming needed. I'm
not worried about leaks at this time. If you do it right from the beginning, you should
be good. And of course, things happen. Just organize your cables away from
the plumbing.[emoji846]

Jennifer Skaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you connect your Vectra to the 5526 plumbing? I have the same setup and WaterBox said I needed the M1 barb but it is too small for their tubing. Thank you.

OP
OP
zeeGGee

zeeGGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap storage for DIY recipe. Easier to refill my DDR.
928568290c41437857c007008ad8e0a6.jpg

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job on the tank. Very impressed. I just put mine together (don’t mind the mess). The doors were a pain. Will be doing a transfer from my 70 gal to this one for the most part and shutting the 70 gal down. It has gotten too small or I put too much crap in it.

Your tank looks excellent and smart idea for the ATO. 5 gals is not enough. All in all, I love the way this tank looks. It arrived a week after I bought it. Unfortunately, mine is in the basement since I have a freshwater tank upstairs.
D350A851-EBB4-456C-BAEA-349EFD3B5260.jpeg

Ultijekyll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask what is the dimensions of the cabinet side of where the sump sits? I am thinking about buying this tank however, I already have a 34in trigger systems sump I want to use and was curious if it would work?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back