Watercolor Reefkeeping

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you may know (or know me, still), I am once again out of reef-keeping as I sold my last tank in this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/selling-my-setup-60g-cube.444611/. I still walk by where my tank was and miss it, but to be honest, I wasn't caring for it as I should have been. I know @GWHouston will take good care of it now while my focus is on other things.

So now I am going to blend fishkeeping with watercolors, (one of my other hobbies). Less money and less maintenance. However, I have never really been successful in painting fish, so it will be a learning curve.

Here is my first real attempt. I wanted to paint a fish I have always wanted to keep but never set up the correct environment for it. Lots of practice left to do, but no more dosing. Water changes are a lot simpler now, too.

Humahumanakunakuaapuaa:
humahumaftw.jpg

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the times that I have seen you I never realized that you painted until I saw something with your work (I think Lowe's Mill). I have painted off and on since high school with oils. Right now I'm "off". Glad to see your work.

Stop by when you have some time. The slot machine is finished and working.

OP
OP
JSB

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you can't delete mistake posts....

Last edited:
OP
OP
JSB

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know you painted either, H@rry. I would be interested in seeing some of your work, and also the finished slot machine. (Are you taking the grandkids' money?) I will try to find my way by there.

Yes, it probably was at Lowe Mill in the Huntsville Art League gallery where you saw some of my stuff. I also have an exhibition at the Huntsville Library main branch for the next couple of months, so if you ever find yourself in there. I was surprised at how many people still go to the library.

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love love love the cube. So yes it has a great new home. I’m feeling like this temporary insanity will pass you by and you will dive back into reefing in the future. You know we will have to have one of your pictures to hang over your tank. You have the eye and talent for this. Keep it up and keep us updated on your progress. Still looking forward to meeting at Talk of the Town when you’re available.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I envy your talent with watercolors. I can paint with acrylics and I can paint in chalk pastels. But watercolor infuriates me lol! I would love to see more of your work!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back