WAV pump question

Discussion in 'Neptune Systems' started by powdertang05, Aug 13, 2017.

1. powdertang05

powdertang05 Well-Known Member

I just purchased WAV pumps. I am running them and noticed when i take them out of the water they stop. Which I knew would happen. But outside of the water they pulse on and off. It scared me but wasnt sure if this is normal?

Tags:
  2. haanstang

haanstang Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

They will try to start out of water but they never get spinning because the safety kicks them out right away. Mine do the same. I just shut them off before I take them out. That feature is more for when you do water changes. Not so much taking them out to clean. But I could be wrong.

3. powdertang05

powdertang05 Well-Known Member

OK was worried. Seems odd to run when you know you were just taken out of the water. Programmer, so I figured that would have been tested. Seems crazy that you can put them into the water without the grill and cut a finger as well. Thanks for the post.

4. haanstang

haanstang Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

It's been awhile since I took them out without shutting them off but does it do it on all modes or just pipeline?

5. iemsparticus

iemsparticus Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

You should be turning them off for cleaning... in which case putting them in liquid with the grill off is not dangerous. Their documentation states that you should not clean them while they are on.