Wave Engine

IndyMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize I may have to give Coralvue a call but I cannot get my MP40's connected to the Wave Engine, at least I think so.

Basically I walk through the youtube video on how to connect them and everything works on the Ecotech side but they are not being controlled by the Wave Engine. Also I have three Ecotechs showing on the status screen? This has been a major pain along with updating the fimrware and losing all of the settings (modes, presets, and pumps). I want to love this product but between these issues and the recall I am not feeling the love! I do really like controlling the Gyres with it.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just connected mine today. I have no MP40's, but i too have "three Ecotechs showing on the status screen." So that seems to be a defect of some sort, and probably doesn't mean your MP40's are connected...

OP
OP
I

IndyMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they definitely were not connected. I have an off status, turned the gyres off but the MP40s just kept going.

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The status of the Ecotech pumps is there by default to show you what your pumps will be doing if they were connected. You can turn off the Ecotech status in the options menu.
I also think there should be a way to shut off the Ecotech pumps, they WILL NOT turn off when you turn off your direct drive pumps. maybe its a limitation of the pump driver??
I followed the steps in THIS guide and got my pumps connected fairly easily.

OP
OP
I

IndyMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did that literally 20 plus times no dice. I also thought the WXM was interfering, unplugged it, no change. When I do this the dials of the mp40s indicate they are too far from the waveengine. They are less than an inch away.

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did that literally 20 plus times no dice. I also thought the WXM was interfering, unplugged it, no change. When I do this the dials of the mp40s indicate they are too far from the waveengine. They are less than an inch away.
Interesting...
Have you heard anything back from Coralvue? I've had very good luck with dealing with their customer support.

OP
OP
I

IndyMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had time to call. I will. However I connected them to the WXM in a minute or less.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone seen this “pump locked” error yet? Happening intermittently...

C59D4582-4206-4FB8-95C4-C5F6B85CDDB4.png

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI working with Carlos via email. I'm pretty sure a port on my Wave Engine itself is the root issue here. When I took the right side Pulse 4 pump + pigtail that was not working per below when in Port 4, and plug it into the port 3 which I was using on the functional left side pump + pigtail, it now works fine with no error even at max. And similarly, the left side Pulse 4 + pigtail that was working fine on Port 3, now gives me the error below when plugged into the right side port (port 4). Something with Port 4 is not sending the right current to the pump and generating this issue. Hoping there's some troubleshooting that can be done but suspect more likely I'll need to swap the unit. Will keep you all posted.

Separately, no matter how many times I disable the 'show ecotech status' on the main page, whenever i reopen the app it defaults back to on and those 3 ecotech pumps continue to show up. Not a big issue but hoping they fix that in the next firmware update.

Overall I really like the unit. It's letting me do some really cool things with my 2 Gyres and 2 Pulse 4's that certainly weren't possible before and I'm getting some cool flow patterns as a result. Just need to get this port fixed so I stop getting the 'pump locked' issue!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI working with Carlos via email. I'm pretty sure a port on my Wave Engine itself is the root issue here. When I took the right side Pulse 4 pump + pigtail that was not working per below when in Port 4, and plug it into the port 3 which I was using on the functional left side pump + pigtail, it now works fine with no error even at max. And similarly, the left side Pulse 4 + pigtail that was working fine on Port 3, now gives me the error below when plugged into the right side port (port 4). Something with Port 4 is not sending the right current to the pump and generating this issue. Hoping there's some troubleshooting that can be done but suspect more likely I'll need to swap the unit. Will keep you all posted.

Separately, no matter how many times I disable the 'show ecotech status' on the main page, whenever i reopen the app it defaults back to on and those 3 ecotech pumps continue to show up. Not a big issue but hoping they fix that in the next firmware update.

Overall I really like the unit. It's letting me do some really cool things with my 2 Gyres and 2 Pulse 4's that certainly weren't possible before and I'm getting some cool flow patterns as a result. Just need to get this port fixed so I stop getting the 'pump locked' issue!

Thank you for the update! Carlos will take good care of you. Sorry again for the trouble but we'll fix this, I promise.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all following, CoralVue has been great...a replacement head unit is already on the way! Can't wait to get that fixed, loving everything else about this unit!

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make things right. Please keep us posted (via support and/or here) so that we know you're up and running smoothly after you receive the new unit. I'll be putting in an order one soon for myself so I can consolidate power bricks!

Glad to hear it!

Fo sho!

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do to get your Vortech running with your WA? i am having that issue i got them to pair with the WA but don't know how to control them? i have no problem hooking up my two gyre 350's at all but can't seem to have any control of Vortechs they were actually no even spinning so i just reset them so i have control and only have my 350's running right now and still playing with those with different presets , also i have a actopulse 4 to hookup at some point

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do to get your Vortech running with your WA? i am having that issue i got them to pair with the WA but don't know how to control them? i have no problem hooking up my two gyre 350's at all but can't seem to have any control of Vortechs they were actually no even spinning so i just reset them so i have control and only have my 350's running right now and still playing with those with different presets , also i have a actopulse 4 to hookup at some point

Hi, robbous! Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing. I would suggest sending an email to [email protected] so that we can walk you through the steps to get your VorTechs working with the WaveEngine. Here is a video that may help you in the meantime!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back