Wave maker for nano 10 gallon

Nazarite01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am venturing to a nano reef tank. I am wondering if anyone has experience making waves or just a good way to agitate the water in a 10 gallon waterbox. And the products you would suggest. Thank You all

Sweetreef21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jebao OW10 on my 10 gallon waterbox. It has a wide range of flow and runs silently.
+1 on the jebao. I just got one for my 20 long and its an awesome little pump. Ive had mp10’s and id say these little jebaos are kick butt and at the price point, you cant beat it.

OP
OP
Nazarite01

Nazarite01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,
Jabeo looks good but it looks a bit bigger than the hyger. I’ve seen jabeos work and they are as stated amazing! I have never personally seen the hyger. I am though interested in it for its size. But if it does not do a good job as the jabeo i will probably go with the jabeo. Any comment on how well the hyger works? Is it comparable or even better than the jabeo? Money is not an issue just size and wave making ability.
Thank You all in advance.

Sweetreef21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,
Jabeo looks good but it looks a bit bigger than the hyger. I’ve seen jabeos work and they are as stated amazing! I have never personally seen the hyger. I am though interested in it for its size. But if it does not do a good job as the jabeo i will probably go with the jabeo. Any comment on how well the hyger works? Is it comparable or even better than the jabeo? Money is not an issue just size and wave making ability.
Thank You all in advance.
Ive never seen the hygger. Just looked it up and it looks pretty cool. I think in a 10 gallon whichever pump you go with youll get plenty of wave action. The hygger actually might be a little to strong.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the hyger and it's only at 20 % in my wb. Love that I can program it and the flow patterns are really nice.

Brewski262

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nero 3 in my WB10 and I like it so far.. -1 to physical adjustments tho.. it has a "sandwich cup" that you need to place between the magnets that allows you to slightly tilt the head in one direction.

The app can be glitchy from what I've read but I've personally have had no issues with it.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is your Water Box??
i actually just took the wavemaker out it ended up being too strong and the minimum setting is only 40% so I am just upgrading the return from 160g to 185g. i put the wavemaker in my fw tank.

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Hygger wave maker 1600gph on my 10 gallon Waterbox and love it. It is the smallest head I have seen and very quite and only $70 on Amazon.
Is a wave maker sow 4 too strong for an 8-10 gallon tank? If so what sow is best for an 8-10 gallon tank? I bought one but it seems ok for the torch coral but seems a bit strong for the other soft corals. This is the one I have.

image.jpg

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a wave maker sow 4 too strong for an 8-10 gallon tank?

Have the hyger and it's only at 20 % in my wb. Love that I can program it and the flow patterns are really nice.
Please help me, I found this wave maker but don’t know if it’s ok to out in a 8-10 gallon reef tank. My tank is 38L which is 10 gallons

Attachments

• IMG_3519.png
    IMG_3519.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 11

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back