Jul 29, 2024 #1 T Torch man Community Member View Badges Joined Jul 16, 2024 Messages 29 Reaction score 23 Location USA What state or country do you live in New York Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I have a 24 gallon tank , 20 gallon is DT, where should my Wavemaker be placed , here is my current position.
I have a 24 gallon tank , 20 gallon is DT, where should my Wavemaker be placed , here is my current position.
Jul 30, 2024 #2 gbroadbridge 5000 Club Member View Badges R2R App User Joined Mar 25, 2021 Messages 5,414 Reaction score 5,622 Location Sydney What state or country do you live in Australia Rating - 0% 0 0 0 jon631 said: I have a 24 gallon tank , 20 gallon is DT, where should my Wavemaker be placed , here is my current position. Click to expand... Pretty normal is about 1/3 of the way from the top and 1/3 from the front. If you have two, put them so they face each other on opposite ends of the tank. If you have only one, aim a return outlet at the wavemaker. That creates a random pattern where the flows meet. In your case I'd put the wavemaker at the other end of the tank from the twin returns
jon631 said: I have a 24 gallon tank , 20 gallon is DT, where should my Wavemaker be placed , here is my current position. Click to expand... Pretty normal is about 1/3 of the way from the top and 1/3 from the front. If you have two, put them so they face each other on opposite ends of the tank. If you have only one, aim a return outlet at the wavemaker. That creates a random pattern where the flows meet. In your case I'd put the wavemaker at the other end of the tank from the twin returns