Wave Maker Position

WesAdams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I need help with flow in my 24 gallon all in one reef tank. It’s going to be a LPS tank no SPS. I’m new to reefing so for the wave maker on a 24 gallon tank....... should it be on the side of the tank facing up or down? On the back of the tank facing the front panel of glass along with intake? The wave maker I currently have is 565 gph one but I’m upgrading to the eFlux LOOP 660 which will be here Thursday and the intake pump is in the 400. The Aquascape of my tank is 3 live rock in the center of the tank, so plenty of room around the tank. I just not sure on the position of the wavemaker and the tank to small for 2 wave makers to be facing each other. Any help is very much appreciated.

nano_ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way would work, just personal preference. I would place 2 powerheads on each side of the tank, so the flow collides and makes random water flow throughout the tank.

OP
OP
WesAdams

WesAdams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way would work, just personal preference. I would place 2 powerheads on each side of the tank, so the flow collides and makes random water flow throughout the tank.
Okay thank you, so 2 powerheads in a 24 gallon cube for LPS shouldn’t be to much flow?

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed my powerheads on the ends.

IMG_2167.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back