Wave maker

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers how many wave makers should I have in a 5 ft tank? Currently I have 2 mp40 lps dominate. Do I need more or is 2 good?

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers how many wave makers should I have in a 5 ft tank? Currently I have 2 mp40 lps dominate. Do I need more or is 2 good?
2 MP40's should be good for a 5' LPS dominant system. That being said, It never hurts to have multiple sources of water movement. The more wave makers you have, the better random flow you can achieve.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 MP40's should be good for a 5' LPS dominant system. That being said, It never hurts to have multiple sources of water movement. The more wave makers you have, the better random flow you can achieve.
I was thinking of adding 2 more mp40

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have become a huge fan of the gyre type pumps. I have 2 MP-40s on one side of my 6' tank with a Jebao SCP150 and I have a whole lot of water moving now.
Can you post a pic? I have 2 Gyre XF-250 on my 6 feet tank but lately i am having some algae patches on the corners so i am assuming the flow is not getting there due to growth of my SPS blocking. Was using one in Random and the other in Pulse mode and now i changed it to Random both at 100%. By the way i clean them monthly.

I am debating if i will go the Ecotech route, another Gyre or get the new Octopus. Ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@wcharon I am on shift till 6am tomorrow but I will snap a few pics tomorrow.
I have the gyre pump about 6" below the surface on on side and the 2 mp40s on the other about midway down blowing in front and rear of the aqua scape that runs down the middle of the tank. Its amazing how much flow I have gotten from this set up.

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@wcharon I am on shift till 6am tomorrow but I will snap a few pics tomorrow.
I have the gyre pump about 6" below the surface on on side and the 2 mp40s on the other about midway down blowing in front and rear of the aqua scape that runs down the middle of the tank. Its amazing how much flow I have gotten from this set up.
Perfect. Thanks. Sounds like a good idea.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back