Wavemaker/ powerhead for 40 breeder

yourendofdays

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm going to be setting up a 40 breeder in the next month, and am trying to figure out the flow. I'm looking at jebao wavemakers and powerheads. I'm looking the look and wide flow of the slw-10, and have also been looking at the pp-8. I figured on doing two of one of these (one on each side of the tank). Been wondering though, is two necessary, or would I get a good circulation with one of the two and a regular old ac powerhead pointed across/towards the top opposite the wavemaker?

Also, does anyone know if one of these two is any better? I've never used a powerhead at all, so this is all new to me.
Thanks!

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always start with one and you can always add the second later down the line. I would look to get a good phosphate control. Algae will be the one thing that will make you throw in the towel.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I'm going to be setting up a 40 breeder in the next month, and am trying to figure out the flow. I'm looking at jebao wavemakers and powerheads. I'm looking the look and wide flow of the slw-10, and have also been looking at the pp-8. I figured on doing two of one of these (one on each side of the tank). Been wondering though, is two necessary, or would I get a good circulation with one of the two and a regular old ac powerhead pointed across/towards the top opposite the wavemaker?

Also, does anyone know if one of these two is any better? I've never used a powerhead at all, so this is all new to me.
Thanks!
Jebao RW-4 or SW-20 should do the trick and both are DC controlled

OP
OP
Y

yourendofdays

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always start with one and you can always add the second later down the line. I would look to get a good phosphate control. Algae will be the one thing that will make you throw in the towel.
Any product better than others? I'm going to be running canisters if that makes a difference.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back