Wavemaker too strong for Clowns?

Adam_1992

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2020
Messages
87
Reaction score
17
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve just bought two clowns and popped them into my newly cycled tank. I noticed as soon as I put them in there they were swimming against the current and look like they are struggling a little.

I’ve tried moving my wave maker around but I’m not able to fix it right or to lower it.

Clowns are now hiding in a helmet ornament I’ve got in there.

Any advice guys? Is the wave maker too strong or am I just being paranoid? Do I need to even use a wave maker?
 
Photos + Video here

4A2BF77F-5507-40B1-BC25-E3215DC0DA5D.jpeg 6178919E-69E8-443E-9512-9C758FFB84A4.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0515.MOV
    24.6 MB
unfortunately not... I think it’s just one setting on it...
 
Whats the size of your tank and how many gph is the power head
Yes you need a powerhead....only way to make movement in the tank like the ocean
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new