Ways to preserve brine shrimp

lanpennmm

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
30
Location
Mococa, São Paulo
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, how is it going?

Well, currently I have a small culture of Artemia franciscana and there're many, many "shrimps" (indeed they are not real shrimp), several adults.

Soon I'll have some freshwater fish but, since artemias are also used for marine organisms, I would like to ask: is possible to make a brine shrimp with preservatives? Here in Brazil I saw a few examples, but I don't know what they use for preserving. How about freezing brine shrimp? How to do? What would be the correct directions for giving the food to fish?

Thanks for your attention!
 
Hello everyone, how is it going?

Well, currently I have a small culture of Artemia franciscana and there're many, many "shrimps" (indeed they are not real shrimp), several adults.

Soon I'll have some freshwater fish but, since artemias are also used for marine organisms, I would like to ask: is possible to make a brine shrimp with preservatives? Here in Brazil I saw a few examples, but I don't know what they use for preserving. How about freezing brine shrimp? How to do? What would be the correct directions for giving the food to fish?

Thanks for your attention!
You can feed Artemia franciscana Phyto if you want to grow them bigger. You can feed them to your fish fresh or you can freeze them into small cubes. Thaw and feed to the fish or drop a cube into the water and let fish pick at them as they thaw out
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new