Ways to preserve brine shrimp

lanpennmm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, how is it going?

Well, currently I have a small culture of Artemia franciscana and there're many, many "shrimps" (indeed they are not real shrimp), several adults.

Soon I'll have some freshwater fish but, since artemias are also used for marine organisms, I would like to ask: is possible to make a brine shrimp with preservatives? Here in Brazil I saw a few examples, but I don't know what they use for preserving. How about freezing brine shrimp? How to do? What would be the correct directions for giving the food to fish?

Thanks for your attention!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, how is it going?

Well, currently I have a small culture of Artemia franciscana and there're many, many "shrimps" (indeed they are not real shrimp), several adults.

Soon I'll have some freshwater fish but, since artemias are also used for marine organisms, I would like to ask: is possible to make a brine shrimp with preservatives? Here in Brazil I saw a few examples, but I don't know what they use for preserving. How about freezing brine shrimp? How to do? What would be the correct directions for giving the food to fish?

Thanks for your attention!
You can feed Artemia franciscana Phyto if you want to grow them bigger. You can feed them to your fish fresh or you can freeze them into small cubes. Thaw and feed to the fish or drop a cube into the water and let fish pick at them as they thaw out

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back