Ways to stop gsp

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a drag of gsp, where do I place it. Can gsp spread to 0 light shadows if most of it is exposed to light? I got a reply that if you put it on a rock at the tip top it will not spread down into the shadow. Also I'd there anything other than anemones that can keep them back? Will euphyllia and galxia stop them?

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a sandbed you can place it on the sand bed at least a few inches away from everything else.
It will continue to oose across the sand bed so you will need to keep an eye on it and make sure it does not reach the base of your rocks.
Galaxea is pretty tough with 6" sweeper tentacles.
Not sure who wins.
Same with Frogspawn.

It depends on how much light you have whether or not you can trap it on the top.
It also depends on the shape of the rock.
We have it trapped on several tall spires but directly below that is a straight shot downward.

The long tentacle GSP at the top of the picture has nowhere to go.
11732a55c223c056d26525d5b816de78.jpg

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I don't hav a picture of that tank anymore. But someone once posted a pic of a colorful tank of just GSP and colorful majano.
Think brightly colored cockroaches.

Don't ask me why but I had access to some years ago.
I bought some for a $1 each.
Mostly paying for the live rock rubble.
But they split into 10 nickel size anemones in 2 months time. That is when I killed them all with AptasiaX while I still had the chance.

They are beautiful. Just not a great idea.
[emoji23]

29fabe38ffc2d5a4c082963b93a6f320.jpg

A Toadstool Leather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always put them on an island of rock away from your main rockwork. They cannot spread across sand or gravel from what I have seen.

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always put them on an island of rock away from your main rockwork. They cannot spread across sand or gravel from what I have seen.
I'm aware that people can put them on islands but it's kinda dull and ruins my scape.
Have you seen CJ's 45 jbj. I want to know if that's possible. Will they grow into shadows?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, yes, they will grow into shadows. I had mine on my main rockwork. There was a shadowed gap between that and some of my more higher priced acros, it grew through that spot and risked choking out my acros. I ended up pulling the rock and removing all the GSP.

theKoolAidMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't like the island look, then you'll just have to deal with management. Some folks have had success with putting between corals that pack tougher defenses so their spread is kept at bay. Others just let it grow and trim it occasionally with an exacto knife or inject with a kalkwasser mix.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back