WB 20 Cube Journey begins!

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I finally received my WB20 Cube from the Blue Friday Sale! Here starts my official WB Journey! I currently have a 10 gallon tank that I broke down and I have a clown, CBS, Yellow watchman, and a pistol shrimp. I currently have 4-5 Zoa's, RBTA, Duncan Coral, and a Frogspawn. I am currently going to restart this WB with a brand new cycle and rock.

I finally received the rock yesterday. I am in no rush to start the cycling process of this tank. I will slowly be taking pictures of my rock work to get peoples opinions to have the least amount of dead space and want good flow. I am still doing a little research on the wave maker that I want to use. My buddy has a $70 wave maker in his 20 gallon that works great. I am not really trying to spend the $150 on the Nero 3, but I might.

unnamed-3.jpg

I received the WB 20 with the AI prime light combo. It was definitely worth it with the light.

unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg

Here is the custom stand that I decided to build for this system. I decided to do this instead of spend the $300 on the tank that they offer. It was definitely worth it and I love how it came out and it was only $80 instead of the $300.

unnamed.jpg

I would love to get peoples opinions and see what you all think! I will be adding to the post tonight or later this week with my rock work. I would love to see peoples suggestions on the sand they use! Need to order it this week and I have been looking at doing CaribSea Arag-Alive 20-pound Fiji Pink Sand.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Dcole12

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Here is an update..

What're peoples thoughts on the two rock work options.. with dead space/water flow.

unnamed-4.jpg

unnamed-6.jpg

I was personally thinking Number 2. due to the fact that the arched rock has a lot more holes for frags.. etc, but love peoples opinions.

Lastly, with the AI prime what settings do people use? Where can I get pre-set settings.. Have a mixed reef tank. Currently no SPS.
unnamed-5.jpg

Corals.com

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Here is an update..

What're peoples thoughts on the two rock work options.. with dead space/water flow.

unnamed-4.jpg

unnamed-6.jpg

I was personally thinking Number 2. due to the fact that the arched rock has a lot more holes for frags.. etc, but love peoples opinions.

Lastly, with the AI prime what settings do people use? Where can I get pre-set settings.. Have a mixed reef tank. Currently no SPS.
unnamed-5.jpg
I like #2. Mine isn't running yet but I think there's a few options on the waterbox website.
Towards the bottom of that page

OP
Dcole12

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am slowly working down the list with the next things that I need to buy.

Equipment I have:
ATO
AI Prime
WB20-Cube
Received the rock

Next steps Needed:
Skimmer I am set on getting the IceKap K1 - Nano.
Heater: What suggestions do people have for heaters/Brands/Watts?
For wave maker I am looking at the Hydor Koralia. (Need to Determine Size)

Anyone else have suggestions that I should have? I have a 10 gallon set up, just want to make sure I am running this tank to tiptop shape! Thanks for any input!

Do you have a frag tank, frag rack or some other place for coral frags currently?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 111 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 135 53.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
TCK Corals