We finally tested the Black Box LED... Compare notes? | BRStv Investigates

There were so many requests to test the Black Box LED that Ryan finally had to bring one in and test it. We can't wait to see where this thread...
  1. killerkukoo

killerkukoo Active Member

what Lights are you using?

2. Mauricio M. Jr.

Mauricio M. Jr. New Member

At that time it was BB with Bridgelux led only with White and Blue and without lens. I believe that only in White led is already all aspectrum colors, then like to use only LEDs White with Blue leds.

3. Mauricio M. Jr.

Mauricio M. Jr. New Member

It was a simples box like this.

images (3).jpeg

4. happyhourhero

happyhourhero Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

SB Reef lights.

5. mandi29221

mandi29221 Active Member

What light did you purchase I love the t5 and mh

6. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018

I think I'm going with a mix of Reef Breeders LEDs and Maxspect Celestials for my smaller tanks. With a few AI Hydras thrown into the mix. I have a lot of tanks that need lights, so going back to old school lighting would run up my electric bill too much. ;)

7. trickyrich

trickyrich Active Member

A big point I think that is overlooked is the different individual and there expectation. If your lookin to have a sps tank with thousands of dollars invested in corals with the absolute best color go with higher end stuff. If your running a soft mixed reef or mostly fish as most beginners are go cheap as the cheaper lights will meet your needs. If you decide to advance in the hobby the 100 bucks you blow on cheap lights for a year and a half really is nothing in the long run. I personally have had great success with led lights and I believe water quality and experience in the hobby is very important as my most expensive led I had when I first started I had the worst sps success as I upgraded tank size and couldn’t afford more than one of the high end lights. I went with something in the middle had amazing success then when I got my current even larger tank I went with mars aqua 5 of them still to new to know how they will do but so far looks good. These were all grown from small frags on led lights. I also did some diy and and have my mars aqua fully controlled through my apex loving it so far placed high off my tank at 20 inches A26AC8D5-1EE8-4653-92F9-2D087D1E73E4.png DE694196-E67E-44E4-A441-7C86D796B390.png C4EF04BD-A7DC-496B-AC0D-7D2BAD1A9739.png

Why-Me likes this.
  8. Smoke12

Smoke12 New Member

9. denierlexiese

denierlexiese Member

Why can't i find that power supply listed on any sites when searched on google?

10. madweazl

madweazl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

First one that popped up on Google for me.

denierlexiese and reeferfoxx like this.
  11. denierlexiese

denierlexiese Member

Excellent. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted