We have a Christmas Worms Infestation in our tank!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BSA Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's something to brighten up your quarantine! We recently land some ridiculous Christmas Worm rocks and had to do some Videos to show them off!

The Christmas Tree Worms (Spirobranchus giganteus) are tube-building polychaete worms that live embedded inside of stony corals (Porites mostly). They are filter feeders and rely on Phytoplankton and detritus to be healthy. If you look closely, you can see some Hermit crab that has taken over some old xmas worm tubes. These guys are filter feeder also and rarely leaves their home once they're happy, it's quite a show to watch them!

Hope you guys enjoy.

Huge worms on this colony and some interesting colors!

This is the biggest cluster that we've ever seen here at BSA Corals

Scubasteve11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much going on and stuff to look at. Thanks for sharing.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's something to brighten up your quarantine! We recently land some ridiculous Christmas Worm rocks and had to do some Videos to show them off!

The Christmas Tree Worms (Spirobranchus giganteus) are tube-building polychaete worms that live embedded inside of stony corals (Porites mostly). They are filter feeders and rely on Phytoplankton and detritus to be healthy. If you look closely, you can see some Hermit crab that has taken over some old xmas worm tubes. These guys are filter feeder also and rarely leaves their home once they're happy, it's quite a show to watch them!

Hope you guys enjoy.

Huge worms on this colony and some interesting colors!

This is the biggest cluster that we've ever seen here at BSA Corals

I bet that's Lam Nguyen, filming. ....hahaha.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had the cash I would get one though.
They are very cool.
Had them back in the mid 90's.

And you probably paid $30 for them! I know I paid around that for the couple of tried to keep. Heck you used to get them with live rock from some of the sources.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a reason the didn’t post prices... and it’s not because they are a good buy.

It is because of all the people on here that can't just see the price and think to themselves "that is more than I would pay" and move on. No, they have to make a post on how it is way overpriced and they are gouging people and then the whole thread goes down hill.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is because of all the people on here that can't just see the price and think to themselves "that is more than I would pay" and move on. No, they have to make a post on how it is way overpriced and they are gouging people and then the whole thread goes down hill.
Yes, I think they would just move on if price was listed.

Last edited:

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think they would just move on if price was listed.

Well, I can tell you that is why they started doing it this way. Many years ago they did post them and too many threads had to get "cleaned up" because of all the whining.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone can find a source for show size Xmas tree worm rocks - with that many worms on them - I'm all ears.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back