We mourn the loss of Jake Adams

jj27982008

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrible news, listening to Reef therapy/Reef builders for years now. Jake is such an inspiration for me in my saltwater journey, just heartbreaking to hear. May he rest in peace he will be sorely missed by many.

vithi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news indeed. He inspired me to start my own website on the hobby. His impact is felt around the world, not just the USA, that's for sure! He'll be missed.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d hoped to meet Jake one day. Just saw him at Aquashella. Not sure what we say when someone in the reefing hobby dies, but in my line of work we say “tailwinds”.
So…
Tailwinds Jake Adams, Rest in Peace.
and blue skies...

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fourteen pages (and counting) of shocked and sorrowful reactions from "REEF BUILDERS" all around the WORLD!!!! Show's just how revered, respected and loved this man was ... STILL IS!!!

MedRed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP Jake. Just getting back in the hobby and had your videos queued up. I've still stopped by the blog periodically. I've always admired your dedication and passion.

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP Jake, terrible news. I was in Orlando back in February on a family Disney trip and got to sneak out for an afternoon and wanted to go visit TSA for the first time. Not thinking at the time but Aquashella was going on. I walked into TSA and there is Jake looking at corals in tanks. I said hello and he literally talked to me for an hour. We went over my setup and all kinds of other stuff. Very sad...

Mark 750

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my God! This is the first I'm hearing of this! I have been following Jake for over 5 years, he and his content is the best there is! I am so sad...and taken back, he wasn't even that old. What happened?? My condolences of course! Just in a state of shock to hear he's gone! How sad! My name is Mark...I've never been heavy into the forum, mainly YouTube. I am sooo sorry!

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in a very real way, Jake will live on in all of us.

Became hooked on the Therapy sessions with Mark from the outset, and suppose i have missed very few, but did so because i could listen to them in the car, working in the yard, etc;

And they were almost always therapeutic.

But because I rarely WATCH podcasts, i have seen relatively few ReefBuilders. But i will now, start to finish, and will add to his influence in the tanks.

And therefore tanks under my care have and will always carry Jake, (and Mark’s) influence of simplicity, cleanliness, attention to detail, and avoidance of “the next flashy thing”, and learning the right names of the corals.

Still can’t make an ball valve ATO work for me though… (smile)

techytechguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very shocked at his sudden passing. I am a relatively new reefer but watched most of his videos. One of the few gurus who actually went and explored real reefs on a regular basis. Hung out with coral farmers of the small Pacific Islands. He will be missed.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brad4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrible news. Really enjoyed his videos. He will be missed by the reefing community.:downcast-face-with-sweat:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back