We Need to Band Together and Stop the Naming of Clams

Nanoreefwannabe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are businesses, marketing comes first bottom line. People need to understand this, no business owner is going to sacrifice sales for some false sense of "integrity" when what they're doing isn't even harmful. We wouldn't have all these amazing corals in the trade if it weren't for the hype that drives their sales. It's an important part of the hobby, plus names help people get their hands on certain corals. I want a WD Tenuis? I can spend years searching the market to find some nameless acro that matches the colors, or I can fork over the cash to get a verified frag with lineage. In a collector's hobby such as this the naming of corals/nems/clowns/whatever is not only inevitable but a necessity too.
Problem is, someone has found your WD acro, in fact multiple people have, in the 10$ bargain bin at big Al's... now they are passing it off as the real deal... the names are a joke, people paying stupid prices even more so...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back