Weak and pale clownfish

angel_since1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

I added two clownfish a week ago to my new tank, the cycle has been going for 5 weeks already. The problem is that one of them is quite small, pale, and doesn’t really eat much. In the other Hand, the other one is quite big, eats all type of food I feed them, it’s colors are brig and fins are open.
This started the day after I did a water change, I just did around 25% of the water, Ammonia it’s 0/0.2 and nitro is around 12.
The little one is just laying down in one corner of the tank, and quite bounce side to side of its body and Fins are close.

I just wondering what can I do to help him.

Attachments

• IMG_7091.MOV
    2.8 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

I added two clownfish a week ago to my new tank, the cycle has been going for 5 weeks already. The problem is that one of them is quite small, pale, and doesn’t really eat much. In the other Hand, the other one is quite big, eats all type of food I feed them, it’s colors are brig and fins are open.
This started the day after I did a water change, I just did around 25% of the water, Ammonia it’s 0/0.2 and nitro is around 12.
The little one is just laying down in one corner of the tank, and quite bounce side to side of its body and Fins are close.

I just wondering what can I do to help him.
Hi, welcome to Reef2Reef!

For some reason, the video is only playing for a split second. In that time though, I can see the clownfish is breathing hard/fast and is what we call "moribund" sick enough to be unable to swim.

What are you using to measure your ammonia with?
Do you have any invertebrates in the tank? If so, how do they look?

Can you post a longer/clearer video of the sick clown? Just 3 to 5 seconds worth. It would also help to have some video of the other clownfish for me to compare it to.

Thanks,

Jay

Back