Web Burrfish Puffed

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came downstairs to this guy all puffed up! Doing his morning stretch I guess..

Screenshot_20221019-080357_Messages.jpg

OP
OP
K

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Yes, lots of fish - Golden Puffer, Striped Burrfish, Web Burrfish, Mappa Puffer, Harlequin Tusk, Clown Trigger, Niger Trigger, Foxface, Long Nose Hawk, Yellow Tang

OP
OP
K

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically I would agree but puffers do this from time to time. Most of the times I catch my puffers doing this is early morning when the lights are off. Everyone is in their caves until midday when the lights go on at 1pm. This guy lays in the same spot every night same as as the rest..each have their laying spot for the night. Here's my Golden Puffer who does it from time to time.

I have a tank full of puffers and meat eaters I call them and zero aggression. Yellow Tang is the fiesty one.

Attachments

• 20220212_215320.jpg
    20220212_215320.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 37

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Web Burrfish will inflate itself with water in the face of a threat. Some other tank mate harassing this guy.
I know it’s not uncommon for puffers to do “practice” puffs. It’s not always because of stress.

Sir Kon Salty Sox

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically I would agree but puffers do this from time to time. Most of the times I catch my puffers doing this is early morning when the lights are off. Everyone is in their caves until midday when the lights go on at 1pm. This guy lays in the same spot every night same as as the rest..each have their laying spot for the night. Here's my Golden Puffer who does it from time to time.

I have a tank full of puffers and meat eaters I call them and zero aggression. Yellow Tang is the fiesty one.
omg that is the funniest looking lil dood. What a tank !!

lonepalm99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great shot. I have two puffers in my tank but have yet to see them expand. Might start checking early morning now.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back