Agree on VPN units that are protected but wyze is best camera for the dollar

MadHatter'sReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Window mount is a cool idea. Probably get some great shots of the tank
I use them in my store. They work very well. They're only like 3 or 4 bucks. Where you're looking to do a 2 camera set up you could have one looking at the whole system then the other for the close up shot.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago one of the fittings on a return pump became loose and my sump was drained while everything in the tank was fine. My temp sensor and pH probes are both in the sump so I saw my temperature go up to 107 and my pH drop to 1.6. I thought that not only was something very wrong with the tank but that my house may have been on fire. Needless to say I am getting a camera so this doesn’t happen again. The tank is totally fine. There was some water that soaked into my floors but it is what it is. Everything is fine except I need a new temp sensor because mine is not insane despite calibrating. Thanks for starting the thread. Looking into Wyze!
If you have a tank controller, I highly suggest integrating a leak sensor. It's saved me twice now and once was a similar situation.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two no name cameras, as I posted up about previously in similar threads, one to check the sump and one to watch the display. I usually travel for work a few weeks at a time about 3-4 months total out of the year for work and it's invaluable to me.

Screenshot_2024-02-25-07-58-05-22_d4d326590422f3434fc0c0a74316307b.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-25-07-57-02-78_d4d326590422f3434fc0c0a74316307b.jpg

OP
OP
esquare

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I look into the Wyze it seems like a great camera and affordably priced but this latest security issue has me concerned. It appears they had an Issue where people were getting the feeds from others cameras.

I'm not interested in cloud storage or movement detection or even having the camera on 24/7. I just want to be able to view it periodically while I'm away to make sure the tank hasn't blown up (tongue in cheek). Does anyone know if using it in this manner makes it less likely to be able to have a technical issue like what just happened where others could see my feed?

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from vacation and everything went well with my tank thanks to my Apex and automation but I'm thinking that a webcam on the tank and sump might be a good idea moving forward to help ease my mind while away. Can anyone make a recommendation on 2 or 3 cameras?
AXIS V9525. It is a very high-end camera with web server. Great if you want a web camera to show-off your tank to the world. Incredible zooming and wide panning capability.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back