Weekend Plans

StarshipReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats everyone got planned to do to their tank this weekend. Maintenance, Water change, maybe new livestock? I always find the weekend is the best time for me to spend a couple hours working on the tank.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-install my Profilux 4 controller... but that has been on my to-do list for a long time! I've finally boosted my wifi near the tank so hopefully the connection will work this time.

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as my priorities have shifted and I will not be getting a garage door anytime soon I boarded over my opening so to speak and wacked in a load of insulation... to make way for the fish room..... what was the garage. Also built a rather large shed round the back so I can clear out all the timber and odds and ends to get my house nearer habitation status so I can crack and make way for my tank build. Boy even the wife’s getting excited..... mind still not told her precisely what I’m building ; too much info isn’t a good thing!

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go !

B61AABD8-6597-4298-A74E-4D53A74BE696.jpeg F015CCE6-A7B7-42AF-A754-5CD6CB252741.jpeg

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-install my Profilux 4 controller... but that has been on my to-do list for a long time! I've finally boosted my wifi near the tank so hopefully the connection will work this time.
How do you like that controller? Have you used an Apex to compare it to?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like that controller? Have you used an Apex to compare it to?
I haven't used an Apex for a good comparison.

I chose the GHL due to the reviews and ease of use...while at the time of researching, Apex was launching their new version and there were many problems with it. It seems to be easier to use from what I read about others with Apex units, though. It also has more included into it and doesn't require so many additional "boxes" like the Apex unit. Also, several big aquariums use the GHL controllers for their systems...and, German engineering just seems to work well. The company is really starting to expand more and more with their US presence as well.

TN_Huskymama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late on this but I did a water change on my tank and started playing with my new phone camera filters. My Foxy Todd wanted to show off lol
Other than that we painted. Learning acrylic pour painting and experimented with the Dutch pour. I am addicted to this!

463FC9E4-A8DF-4620-8A1C-FEF1465CA3E3.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3520.MP4
    8.2 MB

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used an Apex for a good comparison.

I chose the GHL due to the reviews and ease of use...while at the time of researching, Apex was launching their new version and there were many problems with it. It seems to be easier to use from what I read about others with Apex units, though. It also has more included into it and doesn't require so many additional "boxes" like the Apex unit. Also, several big aquariums use the GHL controllers for their systems...and, German engineering just seems to work well. The company is really starting to expand more and more with their US presence as well.
Thanks for the info.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here is the LAZY mans answer. Go watch some live music, ride my harley if weather permits, go out to eat. Open my Apex app and check params off my trident, adjust , my DOS if necessary, come home and look at tank, maybe spend 5 min scraping the glass, go to bed. LOL. Now to me this is funny!

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Southerntnreefer, guess I lied. I met Danny down at the Critter today and bought his 13.5 Fluval peninsula nano. Had a small elegance and some zoas as well. IK traded the cardinal for credit. Then I also picked up a second Neptune Trident and they actually had 6 month Reagent packs in stock. So now I am awaiting the swap and see about buying another DOS. $$$ spent today! Got home and cleanup the tank up like new and the rock is already baking with the rock I started last week for the 60 build.

13.5a.jpg 13.5b.jpg trident.jpg

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Southerntnreefer, guess I lied. I met Danny down at the Critter today and bought his 13.5 Fluval peninsula nano. Had a small elegance and some zoas as well. IK traded the cardinal for credit. Then I also picked up a second Neptune Trident and they actually had 6 month Reagent packs in stock. So now I am awaiting the swap and see about buying another DOS. $$$ spent today! Got home and cleanup the tank up like new and the rock is already baking with the rock I started last week for the 60 build.

13.5a.jpg 13.5b.jpg trident.jpg
I hit emerald Bay first, then we went over to critter. On a whim. New fish are settling in and eating. Was back home around 230 or so I believe, so must of just missed you.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back