Weight limits for second floor house/condo, etc...?

  • Thread starter Thread starter salty150
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

salty150

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2016
Messages
727
Reaction score
577
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here know of aquarium weight limits for a second floor house/condo, etc...?

Interested in a 120 gallon (60" H x 18" W x 26" H).
 
As long as you are placing it along a wall and across the floor joists, I think you are fine. I had a 80 gallon with a 40 gallon sump on the second floor of my townhouse and had no issues.
 
As mentioned above it will depend on the structural layout and tank positioning.
 
Anyone here know of aquarium weight limits for a second floor house/condo, etc...?

Interested in a 120 gallon (60" H x 18" W x 26" H).
Had my 130 with a 40 gallon sink above the garage no issues at all.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new