Weird anemone tentacles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef Jedi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef Jedi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
2,122
Reaction score
5,051
Location
Erie, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of these that have split over the last year and these ones specifically have really weird tentacles. Anyone have any idea why this is? This particular one has moved its self to the highest spot in the tank less than an inch under water. I measured par because I was curious what it was getting and it’s sitting at about 650par.

Anyone have any idea why they are like this? All 20+ other anemones on the tank are normal minus these 4-5 like this one.

Any ideas or help would be great. They seem super happy and they’ve been like this for a while so I’m more curious than anything else.

Thank you!
IMG_3292.jpeg
 
Can't say that I've ever seen an sps acropora branching anemone before.
 
Here’s a picture of some other anemones in the tank, they all split from a single anenome I put in over a year ago. I didn’t intend for it but I now have an anenome invasion.

Just so interesting that a couple of them look like this while all others look “normal”
IMG_3315.jpeg
IMG_3210.jpeg
IMG_3289.jpeg
 
I've seen a few tentacles like that (maybe only 5 or 6) on my flame-tip BTA, but they went away after a few days.
 
I've seen a few tentacles like that (maybe only 5 or 6) on my flame-tip BTA, but they went away after a few days.
These have been like this for months. It started with one splitting. Then one of the splits had these weird growth patterns. Then that anenome split and the splits, split again to have about 6 of the same. All the other ones that split from the other side are normal.

It’s weird, I’ve never seen it before

@AlyciaMarie do you have any idea?
 
Hand Posts GIF

Dunno why but reminds me of his hand lol... friendly little bump for ya
 
Hand Posts GIF

Dunno why but reminds me of his hand lol... friendly little bump for ya
Omg lol that’s so funny, that’s like literally what it is 🤣
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new