Weird chalice bubbling? Tissue issues?

Lapras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
my chalice coral seems to have developed an issue. Has anyone ever seen this type of "bubbling" like the skin underneath is coming detached? On the left side. This happened to another chalice a few weeks back and I had to frag it to save it... any ideas? Thank you for your time!

Alk: 8
Ca: 480
Mg: 1300
T5 lights

PHkfOwB.jpg

cG7amrF.jpg

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the same thing happening to several chalice in my aquarium. One is a mummy eye, the other no name lime green with orange mouth. It doesn't seem to harm them. They just have a sort of "bounce mushroom" like fleshy protrusion now. Interesting to see that this is happening to yours too. Wonder how many others have experienced this phenomenon.

OP
OP
L

Lapras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never even thought about that! i thought all chalices can co-exist together. i moved the mummy chalice and hopefully the other one can recover from its injuries! thank you

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never even thought about that! i thought all chalices can co-exist together. i moved the mummy chalice and hopefully the other one can recover from its injuries! thank you
No, definitely not. ‘Chalice’ is a broad term used for many different species from 4-5 different genera.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back