Hammer Flesh issue (urgent)

gfinnerz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2025
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Has anyone seen the below happen with a walling hammer?

Had the hammer about two months - flesh band has grown and it's expanded to 3x thr size when I bought it

I performed a water change this eve and all of a sudden the hammer flesh looks like it's bubbling and flaking. Also the left hand side is retracting. It seems to change by the minute. Photos attached.

Test results as of this am :

Mg 1320
CA 420
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 2ppm
Phosphate 0.11
Salinity 35
Temp 78

I've just rerun salinity and no movement. Away to test the rest.
20251012_184810.jpg


20251012_183819.jpg


20251012_183758.jpg
 
Hello

Has anyone seen the below happen with a walling hammer?

Had the hammer about two months - flesh band has grown and it's expanded to 3x thr size when I bought it

I performed a water change this eve and all of a sudden the hammer flesh looks like it's bubbling and flaking. Also the left hand side is retracting. It seems to change by the minute. Photos attached.

Test results as of this am :

Mg 1320
CA 420
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 2ppm
Phosphate 0.11
Salinity 35
Temp 78

I've just rerun salinity and no movement. Away to test the rest.
20251012_184810.jpg


20251012_183819.jpg


20251012_183758.jpg
Any update?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new