weird clown behavior

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a baby Picasso trigger fish last week and everyone is getting along fine. Trigger is fussy with meals...Only seems to go for frozen brine or Mysis. Even when the clown and trigger are near the same food no aggression is shown but usually the trigger gets it because its quicker..
So last night we noticed for the fist time the clown doing these weirs laps around a few rocks then twitching in one area then hanging in her normal evening resting place..
I was upset when I saw the twitch (spasm) It like the rear end shakes and flutters or twitched for like 5 seconds then returns to normal. This routine happened abut 10 times. I did a quick search and found a few things one in particular said it could be a dominance thing. Trying to look bigger and bader then the new trigger fish.. But the trigger was in a hole in the rock for the night! Though it was n the general area of the sleeping trigger I don't think the trigger saw this going on!
Seemed ok this morning.. Any thought on twitching clown fish?

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess you're seeing some typical turf/food scuffle. I've seen the "twitching" before from clownfish. I am assuming it's a "normal" occurrence with clowners.

I would watch and observe. It should dissipate after a couple weeks.

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess you're seeing some typical turf/food scuffle. I've seen the "twitching" before from clownfish. I am assuming it's a "normal" occurrence with clowners.

I would watch and observe. It should dissipate after a couple weeks.

Thanks! I feel better knowing someone else have seen it..

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The twitching is shown both in aggression but more often submission. Perfectly normal clown to clown. Whether the trigger speaks clownaneese or not is another question.

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The twitching is shown both in aggression but more often submission. Perfectly normal clown to clown. Whether the trigger speaks clownaneese or not is another question.

LOL! I guess they all have their own language! However, as long as it's not sick, Ill take it! Nothing worse that fish death!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%

Back