Blue Throat Trigger aggressive?

ChaoticReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trigger I’ve had in a QT tank waiting to cycle meds but I wanted to add a couple more fish to it before starting the cycle. I added a decently large diamond Goby yesterday and walked down this morning to it dead and being picked at by the trigger. Anyone had this trigger kill other fish? I know it’s possible it just didn’t survive the transfer but I’m leery now.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trigger I’ve had in a QT tank waiting to cycle meds but I wanted to add a couple more fish to it before starting the cycle. I added a decently large diamond Goby yesterday and walked down this morning to it dead and being picked at by the trigger. Anyone had this trigger kill other fish? I know it’s possible it just didn’t survive the transfer but I’m leery now.
Are you cycling with fish in the new tank? Kinda confused with the wording. And Ive got a male and female blue throat pair, super calm and not aggressive from what Ive seen of them

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a QT no not cycling. Medication cycle
Gotcha. I have a picasso and a pair of blue throats. Theyve never gone after any of my fish. The goby might have died and then he ate it, not sure. Or you could have a unusually aggressive one but they are very mellow and timid for triggers usually

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back