Weird curly black things growing

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are not spirorbid snails. They are smaller vermetids. Spirorbids are much smaller and will grow on glass and rock in low flow areas but are flat and the end of their shell doesn't come outward/upward like the vermetids do, as you can see in the last pic you posted there are several that are clearly pointing up away from the spiral body at the end.
That's not vermetid snail (THE White curl SP) It's like @JGT say spirorbid , nothing relied with vermetid

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spirorbids and I have those white vermetids as well as the larger black ones in this post. Stick with them all you like but to the poster so you are not mislead, they absolutely are vermetid snails. No disrespect but I know this for a fact.
Please show me one of this facts, really you aren't right that way, at the beginning because of the blurry photo I wasn't sure and only guess, because of that I ask for better photo!
Saying it's vermetid snail, you will make him to scrape every single bit of his LR, and they will keep coming all the time he have reef tank.

#reefsquad Please someone.

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without doubt spirobids
@schici completely agree

Screenshot_20201101_070954.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back