Aegis19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a green star polyp and I can’t tell if this is normal? Or if it got damaged it looks super healthy and I have had it for almost a year if anyone has input that would be awesome. It seems like the circled area is longer and or like puffy looking.
53F02803-791A-4464-97BE-CB7152A895CA.jpeg

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it in low or high flow? Coral do weird things in different types of flow, or just in general too lol. As long as you’re seeing good polyp extension and coloration, then it’s probably just an anomalous morph in the tissue.

OP
OP
Aegis19

Aegis19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it in low or high flow? Coral do weird things in different types of flow, or just in general too lol. As long as you’re seeing good polyp extension and coloration, then it’s probably just an anomalous morph in the tissue.
It’s it’s medium. And high if I turn on my second one. It definitely gets current either way. Just so weird I’ve never seen this. And it grew twice the size on the single pore vs the rest and I was like ummm, is it sick? Couldn’t find anything remotely close to what mine looks like lol.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have regular GSP and also a branching type of GSP. In your pic it looks like it's starting to grow up "Branching". I've noticed my normal GSP branching in a few places where it's run into another soft coral and doesn't have any room to grow.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 127 59.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.4%
Back